Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So i think i was or maybe am now doing this wrong.

When activating Skarov in his control room before it opens you still activate him like any other character correct? Meaning he has 3 actions and presumably you could activate 3 rooms (more with played event cards as stat boosts). My first two games that didnt dawn on me and each Skarov activation was a single room, and i got my butt kicked. Now activating three rooms works a lot better.

My question with that is do you have to move in order to activate or can you simply activate the same room multiple times. For example I really need to spawn bots, so with my three actions i could one turn move him onto the Control Room, then off, then back on to spawn bots in two rooms. But the following turn i am stuck only spawning bots once, and the way things seem to go all of the 4~6 bots i spawned last turn are already dead. Bots are super weak, But can Murderize the Heroes so i dont mind but it is so hard getting more once they have wiped the initial batch. Sorry My question is basically if i have that correct and i cant just sit on the control room spot and take all three actions spawning bots.

Now onto the hard stuff Value Checks...
So i think it is Objective B02 the one with the Pres's Daughter. To save her you need 7(mental)plus Players or 2x 6(physical)pp to get her out. So the mental is just roll 6 dice add them up roll one more add it, then add 4(player count) to that total and hope that your Mental Stat is equal to that number or greater. I think that is how that works... (Please correct if wrong)

But the physical confuses me. First off simplest confusion, it is, Do i have to make 2 successful attempts in a row, or that i get two attempts at the roll and just need to succeed one? Also does that mean i get two attempts each action i spend there, or do i need to take an action to attempt then if successful take a second action to attempt?

Also am I making this roll exactly like i did the mental one, roll, add, be equal or greater? See for me it seems odd that if i am trying to smash something i make a check and see if i am Smashy(?) enough to smash it. It mostly just seems odd that i am trying to roll low to smash! Maybe i am just odd but HamFisted Hero that i Am it seems counter intuitive to smash low.

When i First tried to wrap my head around it i assumed(incorrectly i think) that to open an airlock(door) i needed to roll 3 orange dice and hope that number was under my smarts(being careful and rolling low makes since your trying not to smash)Or if i wanted to smash, i had to deal 5 hits to the door, so i rolled the attack dice and hoped for 5 hits. Smashing through doors the same way i smashed through Robits. This sort of even made since and worked for the more complicated things. Back to what i think is B02 Objective it says i need 2x 6pp rolls to get her out. So i need to roll 6 orange dice, do smash math then add player count and hope that my smashyness is equal to or greater than the required smashyness of that tank. then do it again. I dont know i dont like that for some reason.

To me it makes more since to handle smashy using the same smashy rules and you smash Bunny Robits with. So 2x6pp would then be roll an attack against a target with 6 plus player count defense so in a 4 player game a 10 armor. Hard but doable and then the 2x makes since as well as the target has 2 health so you need to do it two wounds.

I realize Mechanically both methods work, and i havent played enough to truly know if that balances out close to the same or not. But thematically i like the second way better.

Now if anyone is still reading at this point, Sorry for the rant, and please correct me on anything i have wrong, and feel free to comment.

We are loving this game and just trying to make sure we are doing it correct, before we house rule the crud out of it and play it the way that makes it the most fun for us.

Thanks Everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also as a follow up. Last night, NightVigilante had the personal mission of succeeding an objective without any -1 counters on it. Little to my knowledge he has a power card that straight up says he succeeds any value checks this turn... Can he just totally on the first try let the Pres's Daughter out like he has a key and succeed his personal mission all in one go? My interpretation as Skarov myself lastnight was that it was BULLShikeys but the cards did all seem to say that it worked... So i had to let him have her. But dint have to not spend the rest of the game trying to kil him and him alone :yuk:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.