Subject: Newbie question: Two players select the same phase... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Echevarria
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi all.

When both players in a two player game pick the same phase is it played once with both getting their bonus?

If one player picks both settle phase cards does the other player have just one settle play?

Fun game.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If both players pick either Settle or Develop exactly once then the phase occurs only once with each player getting the bonus.

If only one player picks either Settle or Develop twice then the phase occurs twice for both players with only the player(s) who picked the phase getting the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Echevarria
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks TOTZ.

If the two explore phases are picked by one player (1+1,5,0)does the other player pick two cards and keep one for the first explore card?
How does he play the second explore card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one player picks both explore types then that player gets both bonuses for the ONE explore phase. The other player, assuming he doesn't pick either explore type, draws 2 and keeps 1 adding in any bonuses he might have from the cards in his tableau.

Only Develop and Settle can happen twice. Both Explore and Consume only ever occur once during a round even though they come in two "flavors".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Echevarria
United States
California
flag msg tools
Excellent.

If one player picks both consume actions (2XVPs and trade)does he play both and the other player if he did not pick this phase will play VPs or trade?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player that picked neither consume will only do a consume x1 for VPs. Trading a good for cards is the bonus for picking trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Echevarria
United States
California
flag msg tools
Cool.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
See also page 3 of the RFTG rules, Playing the Game, and page 8, 2-Player Game (for experienced players), where all these issues are covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Echevarria
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks Tom.

Great game!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
If one player picks both explore types then that player gets both bonuses for the ONE explore phase. The other player, assuming he doesn't pick either explore type, draws 2 and keeps 1 adding in any bonuses he might have from the cards in his tableau.

Only Develop and Settle can happen twice. Both Explore and Consume only ever occur once during a round even though they come in two "flavors".

I like to use me fingers for this sort of thing, especially when piling on bonus powers from cards on my tableau...

look keep
base: 2 1
I+5 +5
I+1+1 +1 +1
+tableau ones

total: 8 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.