Small City» Forums » Rules

Subject: upgrading commericaql zones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If two residential tiles in the influence area of a commercial tile touch each other (i.e. the residential tiles make one connected residential area) does that count as an influence of one residential zone on the commercial area or two residential zones influencing the commercial area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always understood it as two. Instead of thinking zones, I've always thought about it as buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation is different from how it would be resolved in the other two parts of the trilogy:

Each tile in this game always counts as one single residence/commerce/industry building...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
The situation is different from how it would be resolved in the other two parts of the trilogy:

Each tile in this game always counts as one single residence/commerce/industry building...

A single factory tile counts as 1 to 3 factories' in the pollution stage, so this statement confuses me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
hippiephysicschick wrote:
Dumon wrote:

A single factory tile counts as 1 to 3 factories' in the pollution stage, so this statement confuses me

Each factory doesn't count as 1 to 3 factories. Each factory is capable of producing a variable number of different goods. You make as much pollution as the goods you produce with your factories. The goods and buildings are distinct entities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milenaguberinic wrote:
Dumon wrote:

Each factory doesn't count as 1 to 3 factories. Each factory is capable of producing a variable number of different goods. You make as much pollution as the goods you produce with your factories. The goods and buildings are distinct entities.

The number of factories doesn't change...the size of the factory changes...you have size 1, size 2, and size 3 factories. The larger the factory, the greater the production (and greater the pollution as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If two residential tiles in the influence area of a commercial tile touch each other (i.e. the residential tiles make one connected residential area) does that count as an influence of one residential zone on the commercial area or two residential zones influencing the commercial area?

Tiles from same color never merge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.