Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

huge company meeting today, and I was going to have Pit spill the beans, but he's busy doing something in France.

We are adjusting the Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught Two Kickstarter launch date. We've been saying September, but it's more likely going to be October. We will continue our marketing build up, but here are four of the main reasons we are doing this:

1) we want to give Sandy more time to prepare the 8th faction (and all the designs). The reason he didn't originally want to include an 8th faction was due to how long it would take to balance. This will help, and therefore help to ensure a quicker fulfillment after the fact.

2) the final sculpts won't really be ready by early Sept. anyway, but they will in Oct. We would have had about 1/2 be ready by launch, but now we should have them all. The WIPs are amazing, btw, bwahahaha whistle

3) Most original backers will have their expansions before 02 launches, if we delay it by a month. This is something I've been fighting for internally since the very idea of 02, and so I am very glad about this. Of course it is possible that not everyone will have their original expansions by day 1, depending on when we launch exactly, and how long your fulfillment house takes, but certainly during the KS everyone should have gotten their items and can choose to back 02 after having received the goodness.

4) Launching as originally planned, Sandy would have been at Kraken, and Essen during 02, and that's not good. We need Sandy on a computer during all of the 02 KS. So, now he will be.

Oh, and this gives everyone more time to save up!

There are other reasons as well, and there seemed few downsides to delaying, other than taking your money sooner
(and a big stock market crash, like what's happening now? gulp )

Also, this means we will do Dicenstein SOONER! 02 will cross over Halloween, and Dicenstein will instead kickoff the Halloween season! It's going to be great. regarding Dicenstein: we will have 2 reviews up, and actual samples of engraved dice to show pics of all on day one. So, we hope for a better showing on KS for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
I approve of this message. Gives my wallet more time to fatten before the feast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The delay is, of course, a little disappointing, but how you handle these things, and why you delay, that is the exact opposite! You do so much to ensure that we get the best game (and components) possible, I for one cannot thank you enough for that. In light of this, what is a little delay?

Also, maybe I find a few more grannies to con, so that I have enough money for all the goodies you will provide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
As disappointed as I am to have to wait more (I have really been looking forward to this), this all makes a lot of sense.

I particularly like the fact that the original "First Onslaught" Kickstarter backers will be receiving the expansions so they can post all the unboxing and gameplay pictures and videos. That seems to me to be a lot of free advertising, taking advantage of a lot of the enthusiasm and media expertise of the folks here on BGG. This time gamers here on the site will be able to see what they've been missing and immediately be able to jump in to get it.

Hopefully the folks who watch the Tabletop video will be able to get in on ordering anything they want, too (unique opportunity there).

I am ready for Dicenstein in the meantime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hannasch
United States
flag msg tools
Great to hear; while I'd love to see it sooner rather than later it's better for the Kickstarter overall to wait. I think the biggest thing here is that the original backers will have their stuff. I know some of them are a bit salty about another KS before they have what they originally paid for, so this should help calm them a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Oh, and this gives everyone more time to save up!

I'm in favor of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wish we were ready for O2 today, it's understandable delaying it a little.

...But you only get a pass to do this once! thumbsup

On a side note, I wish I knew roughly approximately how much to save up for O2. I would like to back at the "all in except the base game" level, but am really not sure what the price will be.

So, I may or may not have the money for it. Hard to set a savings goal without knowing the target. Ugh! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of this seems excellent to me. Plus another month to save up is definitely appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
All,

3) Most original backers will have their expansions before 02 launches, if we delay it by a month. This is something I've been fighting for internally since the very idea of 02, and so I am very glad about this. Of course it is possible that not everyone will have their original expansions by day 1, depending on when we launch exactly, and how long your fulfillment house takes, but certainly during the KS everyone should have gotten their items and can choose to back 02 after having received the goodness.

it doesn't change the arrival times of expansions for backers of Onslaught one, right ?
Anyway it's psychologically satisfying to get the expansions BEFORE the launch of the second campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellikin wrote:
While I wish we were ready for O2 today, it's understandable delaying it a little.

...But you only get a pass to do this once! thumbsup

On a side note, I wish I knew roughly approximately how much to save up for O2. I would like to back at the "all in except the base game" level, but am really not sure what the price will be.

So, I may or may not have the money for it. Hard to set a savings goal without knowing the target. Ugh! shake

You should have a good idea simply by looking at the original KS prices.

There are only 6 new items, and they are a map, a faction, and 4 GOO/Monster unit expansions. Use the approx. prices of those types of things, and you should have a good ballpark.

We aren't drastically screwing with our pricing. Different people have paid different prices for different CW items, but it's all been in the same general ballpark. Use our first KS for your best pricing gauge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:
existoid wrote:
All,

it doesn't change the arrival times of expansions for backers of Onslaught one, right ?
Anyway it's psychologically satisfying to get the expansions BEFORE the launch of the second campaign

Right. That's basically the most important point for me. Of course, due to the vagaries of shipping, I can't really promise that it will actually arrive at YOUR house by day 1. But since the KS is a month long, and since it will definitely be leaving China before the KS, therefore everyone should definitely get it at least during 02.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear of this delay, actually! Easier to save up by Nov. than by Oct. Is it going to be 30 or 45 days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Glad to hear of this delay, actually! Easier to save up by Nov. than by Oct. Is it going to be 30 or 45 days?

Definitely not 45. We've always done 30, so I doubt Ben will want to adjust it for a flagship KS like this one.

We've talked about doing a 3 week KS for Dicenstein, for example, but I think we're generally happy to just stick with what has worked for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea to delay then.
I've been waiting for so long that a couple of extra days won't kill me!
Looking forward to Dicenstein!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soshi Yohenzi
msg tools
I'm pretty happy about this as the Delta Green kickstarter is slated for September and I'm pondering getting in on the Dracula Dossier pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So be it. Whenever it happens, I will be here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the stars won't be right! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with a bit longer before the next KS, and will be very happy to have the rest of the first set arrive first. A bit of time to enjoy it and be psyched for more, hopefully.

Plus, Onslaught 2 running around Halloween just sounds appropriate.

JadedGamer wrote:
But the stars won't be right!

I have it on good authority they will be. See:

June
July
August
September
October
November
December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the figure prototypes aren't going to be all ready until October anyways, I can't see this delaying the actual OS2 content by a full month, so I think this is pretty much a win-win.

I support this decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this why there's no weekly Tuesday concept art reveal?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Aberli
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
Sounds great! Looking forward to season 2, but even more excited for the expansions, glad to hear that arrival by October is pretty firm. Now waiting for news on Theomachy.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, to help planning, our plan is for Just The New Stuff in Onslaught Two to have a pledge which is under $200 - we hope significantly under. This includes 7 items - 4 figure expansions, a first player marker, a new map, & a new faction. That's 34 mostly-huge figures.

All planned stretch goals (and we have over a dozen) are FREE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Aberli
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
and there was much rejoicing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
Okay, to help planning, our plan is for Just The New Stuff in Onslaught Two to have a pledge which is under $200 - we hope significantly under. This includes 7 items - 4 figure expansions, a first player marker, a new map, & a new faction. That's 34 mostly-huge figures.

All planned stretch goals (and we have over a dozen) are FREE!

Woo hoo! It'll be cheap!

Wait...except I need to get all the stuff I missed from the first one!

But...then I'll GET all the stuff I missed from the first one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.