Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I just saw the news about this game on Twitter, and am definitely curious. I'm a massive fan of Isla Dorada so I'll be super happy to Kickstart a Bruno Faidutti game!

A few questions though; will this be a miniature based game? Are there any further pictures?

I probably wouldn't consider it if it were just meeples, but it's definitely piqued my interest. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
No miniatures, player pieces wil be cardboard standees. Miniatures would raise the price of the game too high. If the game is a huge success, we'll consider releasing a set of miniatures separately.
Also, miniatures work very differently than board games for KS projects. The economics are very different (the set-up/mold costs to per unit costs ratio is very different for cardboard and plastics) so adding miniatures to a boardgame immediately changes the expectations of the backers in a way that can be detrimental to the project.
I'll elaborate on this in the KS presentation page, all in due time :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's totally fine with me, I love standees! No painting required! Thanks for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If no miniatures, then I prefer meeples to cardboard standees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least standees are more thematic, they allow you to print colour art of the character on them. Meeples are pretty dull
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeples are also less easy to differentiate, which is a useability issue.
Standees allow for very different shapes/colors which makes the pieces easy to make out from each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, eventually it'll be miniatures :-)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flatlinedgames/argo-by-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.