Subject: When the heck is this going to be available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow with Kill Shakespeare and now slow with F&A. What's the deal?

My preorders are held up for this game which was supposed to have been released months ago.

How about update? Status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I agree, status

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Weesner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Geek wrote:
Slow with Kill Shakespeare and now slow with F&A. What's the deal?

My preorders are held up for this game which was supposed to have been released months ago.

How about update? Status?

My preorders are being held up as well! Arrgghhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lobato
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one here waiting..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carroll
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can we preorder this for the USA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most OLGS should have it available for pre-order. Check miniture market.

Honestly I would wait. Pandasaurus said the game would be available in May. They have essentially been radio silent since with any updates based on substantial information. As usual they can't seem to manage to publish a game in a timely manner nor keep the hungry public informed. Both are a level of incompetency and unprofessionalism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyatt Smith
United States
North Platte
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, I have had this on pre-order since May and zip for updates. Seriously thinking of pulling my pre-order and spending the $$$ on something else that I can play NOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Stampley
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are publishing delays then at least let us know. We would much prefer an update than nothing at all.angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Clark
United States
Hutto
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a different forum they stated that the miniatures came in messed up and that is the delay and they expected to have new shipment in September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad about the miniatures. Still, I was hoping that the delay was because they were rethinking the design of the board and were going back to the 2nd edition artwork style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owen
United States
Essexville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I canceled my preorder. I mean just give some kind of update of what is going on is all that people ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're probably completely redoing the gameboard after all of the feedback which was received. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke to IDW and they told me that the reprints are on the way to their warehouses. Unfortunately they will not make it in time for Essen, which I was hoping for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully it's a language issue but "reprints?" I thought the problem was with the miniatures. Unfortunately IDW has never been open and honest with their situation. Difference for me now is that I'm not a kickstarter backer so they don't owe me any updates but seems to me that they have a fan base waiting for this game and bad news is better than no news.

Niddi77 wrote:
I spoke to IDW and they told me that the reprints are on the way to their warehouses. Unfortunately they will not make it in time for Essen, which I was hoping for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, reprint is the word I chose. Maybe I should have used 2nd Edition.

Major Geek wrote:

Difference for me now is that I'm not a kickstarter backer so they don't owe me any updates...

What do you mean with Kickstarter? If I'm not mistaken, the 2nd Edition of Fire & Axe was not funded through Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sager
United States
Greenville NC
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So it's not being changed from what has been shown so far and should be shipping out to retailers when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niddi77 wrote:
Sorry, reprint is the word I chose. Maybe I should have used 2nd Edition.

Major Geek wrote:

Difference for me now is that I'm not a kickstarter backer so they don't owe me any updates...

What do you mean with Kickstarter? If I'm not mistaken, the 2nd Edition of Fire & Axe was not funded through Kickstarter.

Fire & Axe was not a kickstarter but a previous game / project by IDW was on Kickstarter and IDW was horrible with updates and missed deadlines.

They don't owe us an update since we are not "vested" backers but we are anxiously waiting and IDW still lacks the common sense to keep their fans up to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cisco Serret
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmbmb
Their website says May 2015. They missed that.
Cool Stuff lists the game as available in October 2015.
I also have it included in a batch of games and its holding up the order. But, I guess I'll wait for October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
SOLITAIRE
badge
WARGAMER
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, when given the choice of ONE game for a summer birthday present from my girlfriend, I wanted to pre-order Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga, but instead went with Alien Frontiers 4.2 for all of the reasons everyone has mentioned already. I have been having fun playing AF, but would still be waiting for F&A.

I would prefer for the Publisher to get this one right instead of putting out a sub-par production that is going to need another reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smic wrote:

I would prefer for the Publisher to get this one right instead of putting out a sub-par production that is going to need another reprint.

Providing updates from time to time have nothing to do with sub-par production.

Companies incapable of being open or sharing game product schedules make me question whether they are capable of actually publishing a game.

They have proven to be unreliable, schedule wise, for sure. First Kill Shakespeare and now F&A. Shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Extreme West
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panda updated their Fire and Axe page to say it is coming Late October! We shall see.... only 13 days left in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Ellis
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them today. Just got a response back:

Pandasaurus Games wrote:
It's in the warehouse! Should be in stores in a week or so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Weesner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Weesner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw on Twitter today a tweet announcing Fire and Axe will be in stores next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Ellis
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my shipping confirmation for my pre-order from Cardhaus. Should finally be in my hands in a few days!

[Update: tracking info updated with an estimated delivery date: Monday. Apparently UPS maintains a fleet of rickshaws for Ground service these days.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.