Subject: Funemployed variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Sarjant
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After recently acquiring Funemployed, in which players are applying for a job using (often ridiculous) traits, I figured I'd try the same style with the cubes.

Rory's Funemployed Cubes
This variant only requires one set of cubes, but more could be more interesting. I've only played it with 4 players, but it could easily scale to different sizes.

Each round, one player will be the employer. They will roll 2 random cubes and create a job that all the other players will be applying for (e.g. Librarian, Sundial Observer, Tower Defense game Defender). These 2 dice are returned to the dice pool.

Then, going around the table, each player will take three dice from the pool, roll them, and immediately pitch themselves for the job. No time to think! Just roll and go. After each player has pitched themselves for the job (hopefully at least one of them is somewhat qualified), the employer selects whichever one the thought had the best pitch.

Play for as long as you like. Count points if you must, but like Who's Line Is It Anyway?, the points don't really matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory O'Connor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Co. Antrim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea of integrating Rory's Story Cubes with other games. If you ever wanted to create a gameplay video, I'd be happy to share through Facebook and Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Gunther Herzog
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roryoconnor wrote:
I really like this idea of integrating Rory's Story Cubes with other games. If you ever wanted to create a gameplay video, I'd be happy to share through Facebook and Twitter.

WAY late to this discussion (I just picked up my set at Target when it went on clearance).

Got to thinking, might be interesting to meld the cubes to another storytelling game, The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PlowStr8 wrote:
roryoconnor wrote:

WAY late to this discussion (I just picked up my set at Target when it went on clearance).

Got to thinking, might be interesting to meld the cubes to another storytelling game, The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Been thinking the same thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls