Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game have, or will it have in future expansions, fantasy races and monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer - yes.
Long answer to follow when my copy arrives in the next day or two - will know more then, but there are a number of AARs around the web.
An expansion in November has lots of detail on undead (Thaw of the Liche Lord, I think it's called).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I found a copy on Amazon and ordered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ART
Norway
"Haugen"
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say fantasy races, do you mean like characters players can hire into the warband? Because I think part of the lack of concrete detail is to allow players to use whatever miniatures they like if they want. If they want a dwarven warband they can have it, but statistically they'd be the same, so any further changes would have to managed with house rules. Of course there's always a chance they might come up with templates for characters later on, but I kinda like the all-humans theme of the miniatures, myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Characters that can be hired into a warband. I would also like to see a monster compendium of humanoid and non-humanoid monsters. Perhaps one player controls a dragon, guarding the treasure a warband seeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a bestiary in the back of the book that has a number of fantasy creatures.
Included are:
Undead
Skeletons
Armoured Skeletons
Zombies
Ghouls
Wraiths
Vampires
Animals
Bears
Boars
Giant rats
ice spiders
Ice Toads
Snow Leopards
White Gorilla
Wild Dogs
Wolves
Constructs (golems)
Small constructs
Medium constructs
Large Constructs
Demons
Imps
Minor Demons
Major demons
Misc Creatures
Frost Giants
Giant Worms
Snow Trolls
Werewolves

I'm curios what will be in that expansion. I'm liking the look of the game so far. About to play my first game, its all setup on the table.
Playing it as a solo/co-op version. The game has creatures encounters that neither player control, so using that to the max with 1 team of treasure hunters. Might get all my characters killed the way I have it setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
Having now read the book, I can say that there is only human characters mentioned, no dwarves elves etc.
But nothing to stop you having war bands made of those - the stats are vanilla enough to not make a difference - if you're the type who thinks dwarves are slower, elves more shooty, go ahead & adjust to suit.....I'm just going to make all my chaos figures just, well, more chaos-y .... and going back to my Mordheim stuff for lots of good terrain inspiration ...and must get my original Mordheim figures paintedsnore..............

The monster stats give a good guideline for how to treat other monster figures you may have ... if in doubt IT'S A DEMONsurprise

Wandering monsters are suggested as an optional rule .... ummm, I don't think that's an option, more like a NECESSITYlaugh for maximum old school dungeony fun...........

Chris, would like to hear how your solo game goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the author:

Quote:
Two reasons there are only humans 1) I have found that racial characteristics tend to do bad things for skirmish games. A -1 move for Dwarves would make them almost unplayable in Frostgrave. And lets face, Elves always end up too good! 2) Mainly though – I want people to feel free to use whatever miniatures they want. Since most of the soldiers are only defined by the weapons they use or amour that way, they can be represented by any miniature of any race.

So as a playable race i'm guessing it'll be these stats and nothing more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can live with that answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.