Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states:

"Bribe a Friend (Dandelion only): The player spends one
gold to place one common marker on one of his faceup
friend development cards."

Does this mean that the Bard can bribe a friend only once per turn (i.e. hire the services of only a single friend)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dandelion's bribing and Triss' Artifacts
Sargeras777 wrote:
The rulebook states:

"Bribe a Friend (Dandelion only): The player spends one
gold to place one common marker on one of his faceup
friend development cards."

Does this mean that the Bard can bribe a friend only once per turn (i.e. hire the services of only a single friend)?

I am in general uncertain about stacking the Common Markers on Development Cards. Is it general that everyone can do it a total of 3 times max (brew multiple potions, prepare for a same spell, have Paulie Dahlberg prep the equipment and bribe Friends)?

Also, does it mean that the Lodge Ring, Dowsing Rod and Amulet of Power can be only used three times throughout the game (since they aren't discarded after their power is drawn and there doesn't seem to be a way to re-enchant them in the game)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Unlike Sing to aquire gold in the first place, Bribing is an operation, so you can do it at will during your turn (subject to the 3 token limit).

Some Quest rewards and maybe Good Fortune cards can put tokens on Skill Cards, Trish could get her Artifacts recharged via those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan is correct.

You can also take actions that would put more than three tokens on a card, except that they have no effect.
Sometimes this is still useful e.g. if you Geralt's brewing when one of your potions has 3 tokens, but others have less. The one with 3 won't get an extra token, but the others will still get one each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vali Goantza
Romania
flag msg tools
I have a question. How many Development Cards can you have and how many can you use per turn/combat? For example: can you just develop 8 turns in a row to get 8 cards. Then put tokens on them. After that, if you encounter a 5-5 creature for example or you need a good roll...can you use all/majority of them to get help in that fight/roll, or just a specific number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuk D.
Canada
flag msg tools
Yep, you can continue developing for as long as you have development cards left over. And then during a battle, you can use as many as you want, subject to each individual card's restrictions. I've used Geralt's cards in strategic order to come up with a huge number of dice results using many of his cards in the same battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.