Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without a gameplay video, I'm having trouble visualizing how this game plays. It seems to play a lot like the D&D Adventure Series, especially Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game as that includes character progression and a campaign. Maybe it's closer to Super Dungeon Explore, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) or Myth?

I'd really like to see some gameplay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably going to be a crossbreed between the games you listed and a previous game from the same company Galaxy Defenders. Probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From the playtests I participated in,this one has definitely more "meat" than the D&D games.

It's slightly simpler than Galaxy Defenders, but it's definitely in the same category, appealing to players who are really looking for a co-op challenge, not just an easy run through the dungeon (or un-easy romp if the fates are against you).

The AI for the monsters is brilliant, and there are elements that make the combat system very interesting and original in terms of strategic and tactical hoices.

Lots of info about the gameplay will be unveiled in the next weeks, and there are several reviewers who got prototypes, so we have high hopes that gameplay videos/video reviews will be available when the Kickstarter begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Lots of info about the gameplay will be unveiled in the next weeks, and there are several reviewers who got prototypes, so we have high hopes that gameplay videos/video reviews will be available when the Kickstarter begins.

Do we know when that might be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
cybernex wrote:

Do we know when that might be?

"September" is as much as we've heard so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the closer comparison will be to Undercity. I've been playing that lately and it makes me think of Galaxy Defenders, though I like UC better. It will be interesting to see how S&S differentiates itself.

The comment about it being simpler than GD worries me as I thought that game was pretty light though not easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
S&S is not drastically simpler than GD. The most important simplification over Galaxy Defenders is the transition from hexes to areas, which simplifies movement rules (especially for monsters). I think if you like GD, you'll like S&S for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Roberto is it possible to die completely in the game other than became a ghost. What about difficulty, is it as challenging as GD or it's descent like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.