Hide
5 Posts

Genesis: Empires and Kingdoms of the Ancient Middle East» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob Qs about DS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Even O
msg tools
A euro gamers first dwelling into the wargame realm.

-When using a city in defense, do you count the City DS + units or just the City?

-Reduced fortified cities, or unfortified cities, do they ever regain their DS? Or is a independent city that has it's DS reduced to 0 (and thus is unfortified) going to stay that way until someone else walks in to it's space? My though was that in 50 years maybe the inhabitants rebuilt it's defenses, but I couldn't find anything in the rule book so I guess it's not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to wargaming!

You count the City DS + Infantry BP/(Not Chariot BP) if the city is used in defense.

Reduced cities never regain DS automatically but must be rebuilt via minor actions, except in the case of some Minor Kingdom powers who rebuild upon placement of their units or via some scenario special rules where DS damage can be removed.

Edit: Chariot note corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Svensson
Sweden
Olofstorp
flag msg tools
badge
SJ Rc4 1290
mbmbmbmbmb
mothertruckin wrote:
You count the City DS + Infantry/Chariot BP if the city is used in defense.

Chariots have no effect in a battle when a city is used, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You only count Infantry BP if the city is used in defense. You can opt to fight outside of the city (foregoing its DS) to include your Chariots in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Asyncritus wrote:
Correct. You only count Infantry BP if the city is used in defense. You can opt to fight outside of the city (foregoing its DS) to include your Chariots in the battle.

Corrected my comment. That's what I get for answering questions before coffee time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.