Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So once I've got my king pledge and expansions in the cart; oh yeah, and the scenario book... what value do the extra addons and boxes all have?

It seems most are made to substitute into a scenario in place of the "main" bad guy / heroes, but I'm worried this will just mess around with the (hopefully) fine tuned balance of each scenario. There is fan-made stuff too, but similar balance issues arise.

I see a couple of the KS exclusives (*blerugh*) come with their own scenario, so I guess your buying that, which might swing me to own more game content, but others (like the dragon) just look like they will be a big dragon... which is kind of confusing as an offering (esp. as I oddly enough have quite a few big dragon minis already on my shelves).

Was there more info at any time on the actually gameplay offered by many of these extra mini addons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard, the 3 expansions add new mechanics. Khitai will have some stealth elements and Nordheim will put the emphasis on combat (not sure how it translates into new gameplay)

Also, there will be new info on the expansions to come soon to help us chose.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hann
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
The way I see it, no need to order anything that isn't a KS exclusive. If I end up loving the game I'll always have the option in the future to buy everything that isn't exclusive.

Like you, I also ordered the book since it is also an exclusive, so it's now or never. If you have the money then I'd just order 1 of everything else that is an exclusive. Since money is tight for me, I ultimately ordered just Vanir Valkyrie, the Black Dragons and the Demon of the Earth. Since these are all add-ons mainly for the heroes, I figure they won't be limited to any single scenario and could get a lot of use. I've read that Vanir is a really solid hero in some of the print and play scenarios people have been playing. I also love the look of the Black Dragons and anyone with the command ability can field them. I could see them get a lot of table time. I'm not really sure how the Demon of the Earth works, but I haven't read of any other Demons that the Heroes can summon, so this guy could be really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"do wolves come with a scenario? Yup, just like all the add-ons"
from one of Jamies comments.
Some scenarios may be downloads.
some include ways to integrate them into other scenarios

and of course the replay value of using different combinations of heroes/minions, as you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the campaign book and the Paolo Parente Box, and the Black Dragons.

I would have gotten more, but they took away the promised Paypal option (which I am still a bit upset about).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The external company they're using for their pledge manager doesn't support paypal, it's out of their hands unfortunately. Myth is seeing this problem too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
VincentDarlage wrote:
I would have gotten more, but they took away the promised Paypal option (which I am still a bit upset about).

Our apologies for this. We did originally want to do it but in the end we couldn't. I did specify this quite some time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhelpSlayer wrote:
I did specify this quite some time ago.

I missed that. Still, you could have gone with a company that supported it. If you are using an external company, as a customer you could have made that one of your criteria when accepting bids for the job. Paypal allows for credit spending... my Debit card doesn't, so your choice limited my spending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
The campaign book was the only thing that interested me (enough to buy). Lots more content at a reasonable price. All the extra minis are cool, but we're getting so much content with the stretch goals, it's just silly. I'm also not a collector and not a completionist, so I don't need the KS exclusive stuff.

I also bought the extra counterbases for who knows what reason... They were cheap! They're cool! And they likely won't work with any other mini I have... Ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel George
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitting here seriously thinking about getting it all for an ad-on of $478. That's a lot of $ but that's a lot of game too :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever you do, make sure you get the exclusives. Everything else you can buy later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up picking up everything I could now,except the 3 expansions, since they will be released later.

(my opinion why to order now)

I forsee the availability of this to be problematic for retail purchase due to the fact that it will take some time to fulfill all the kickstarter orders.(16,000 +open pledge manager)

A U.S. retail release might take some time(just speculating) If I still lived in Europe , I think it wouldn't be an issue.

But, In the end its all up too you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Bolton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I'm planning on getting all the KS exclusives. The only one I'm not so sure about is the 10 giant wolves. Aren't they identical to the one that comes in the King expansion, along with Zelata? I think as long as I have one my OCD will be sated, I dont need 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aidan McDermott wrote:
I'm planning on getting all the KS exclusives. The only one I'm not so sure about is the 10 giant wolves. Aren't they identical to the one that comes in the King expansion, along with Zelata? I think as long as I have one my OCD will be sated, I dont need 11.

Those 10 Giant Wolves also come with their own Overlord tiles to be used as enemies. I would also like different sculpts for the evil wolves vs the good wolf, but I think the colored bases should be enough to separate the 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
I'm just getting one of each KS exclusive for now, plus an extra set of Black Dragons (one set for Pallantides, one for the King Conan that I will eventually buy). Like some others, I plan to get the other stuff at retail at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ordered 1 set of Black Dragons I figured I could use some of the figures from Blood Rage and just use them as extra black guards. I cant wait for the crossover scenerios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
wolvehunde wrote:
I only ordered 1 set of Black Dragons I figured I could use some of the figures from Blood Rage and just use them as extra black guards. I cant wait for the crossover scenerios.

That works too. You'll just have to share the Black Dragons tile, but that isn't a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I was definitely getting every exclusive.

I was definitely not getting the $50 big box expansions. They will simply be cheaper at OLGS (probably about $40 based on the MSRP of $55) and no reason to go that all-in without playing the game.

In between those two, I ended up getting the Kushite Witch Hunters, the Crossbowmen and the Black Ones. They seem like they add good variety to the enemy mix, but mostly I had pledged a little more than what I needed for the exclusives and these filled out my pledge amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Late pledger here. I got king box with all ks exclusives, the nordheim expansion (since I got blood rage), Paolo Parente (looked to cool to miss) and extra counterbases.

Then I looked at their facebook page and King Conan looks awsome.... I've never used pledgemanager much, but it says I can unlock my pledge. Is that so I can add more stuff as long as the PM is open?

Living in Europe the expansions will be hard to come by, the extras even harder, and games are never on sale. The minus is the importing fees if I add more.m

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
For me, I was definitely getting every exclusive.

I was definitely not getting the $50 big box expansions. They will simply be cheaper at OLGS (probably about $40 based on the MSRP of $55) and no reason to go that all-in without playing the game.

In between those two, I ended up getting the Kushite Witch Hunters, the Crossbowmen and the Black Ones. They seem like they add good variety to the enemy mix, but mostly I had pledged a little more than what I needed for the exclusives and these filled out my pledge amount.

You forgot to add the 3d doors. What good is a dungeon crawler w/o 3d doors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up with a King and: the Art book, Black Dragons, Earth demon, and Vanir. I do not like the Sabertooth sculpt or Baal so those were a no go. I am still going back on forth with the wolves (did not know they could be used as enemies). I like the idea of them, but I do not like the sculpt if its the same one shown during the campaign. I also wonder if there will be an alternative wolf (not a KS exclusive giant wolf) sculpt/enemy/ally at retail....

I also do not know if I really need more scenery or counter bases, so I will wait till retail to pick those up and I like the variety of fantasy Zombicide doors, so I might just use those for this game or pick up Conan doors at retail as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually don't buy add-ons. It's not common anymore, but in ye olden days, shipments were sent out "simplest first". Add-ons tend to be more expensive than the base game. If any of your add-ons are delayed, your whole shipment may be delayed. And, of course, if there's a shipping error, add-ons make it more likely you're going to wait for your stuff than if you only ordered the base game pledge.

OTOH, I'll agree with what Lucas and Kevin said. Also, since you're international, you might not get these add-ons as easily as we get in the USA and France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Verno Whitney
United States
Winfield
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I also do not know if I really need more scenery or counter bases, so I will wait till retail to pick those up and I like the variety of fantasy Zombicide doors, so I might just use those for this game or pick up Conan doors at retail as well.

It's been said more than once that they aren't planning on releasing the counterbases at retail. They also said that you shouldn't need them for any of the official scenarios, but if you will want them then now's probably your only chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
went for all Kickstarter Exclusive sculpts and the Xavier box, Dragon, Yogah, counterbases - $317 total for me with shipping.

As for scenery I will 3d print what I need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it's King pledge with all exclusives (minus Baal, what a horrible sculpt!)... I was on the fence about the tiger and the demon -- since you already get four other demons -- but in the end I figured the additional version is worth it. Also added in the crossbows for that much more Overseer variety, so I don't just get stuck with guards and archers in many scenarios.

I can't see me ever buying the dragon, and the Kushites are just at a bad price point for my tastes or I would snap them up. Black Ones and Yogah, meh, maybe I'll get them later, or not; they seem to belong only in very specific scenarios to me.

I'll see how the game plays with this hoard of miniatures before I pick up the Stygian expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.