ben holley
msg tools
If my Pizza joints are under renovation and I buy another pizza joint is this newly purchased pizza joint also automatically under renovation or not?(when someone next roll 7's will I get paid for the pizza joint I just bought and finish renovating the others or will it just finish renovations)(for the night we said that newly constructed buildings were not under renovation and would earn income when next activated while the ones that were under renovation would just be finished renovating and not earn income.)

When I have the loan office, forest or flower shop, < 2 coins, and I roll a 5 or 6, in what order do I execute the card effects? Do I collect from the forest or flower shop and then pay the loan office or Do I pay first, even if I don't have 2 coins, and then collect? (for the night we house ruled that the player could choose the order of effects since the rules were unclear)

Up until the MR expansion the players have not had to pay the bank money except to construct buildings. The loan office raised a question in my mind for the possibility of owing the bank money since it is not stated whether or not we treat the bank like another player. Should we owe the bank money if we don't have the 2 coins for the loan office or do we treat it like a player and pay what we can and forget the rest? ( for the night we thought it was in the spirit of the game to treat the bank as a player.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what i understand:

1. Individual buildings are put on vacation, not the whole set. When a pizza joint is put on vacation, only that one is affected. If you own three, two will activate the next time, with the last one coming out of vacation.

2. Card effects have always been, from the base set, red then blue/green then purple. The rules are actually clear on this one, look carefully.

3. Just treat the bank as a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamintham wrote:
From what i understand:

1. Individual buildings are put on vacation, not the whole set. When a pizza joint is put on vacation, only that one is affected. If you own three, two will activate the next time, with the last one coming out of vacation.

2. Card effects have always been, from the base set, red then blue/green then purple. The rules are actually clear on this one, look carefully.

3. Just treat the bank as a player.

1) That's actually not true, I don't believe. The example in the rulebook has *all* buildings of that type going on renovation. Even your own if you have them (I think the example makes mention of the current player not having any of the chosen building, which would imply that if she did, it would also go under renovation).

That being said, if the building hasn't been built yet, then I don't see why it would be under renovation when you buy it.

2)The Loan Office green, not purple.

So I think that's a fair question. Which green/blue card goes first when they're equal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
1) That's actually not true, I don't believe. The example in the rulebook has *all* buildings of that type going on renovation. Even your own if you have them (I think the example makes mention of the current player not having any of the chosen building, which would imply that if she did, it would also go under renovation).

That being said, if the building hasn't been built yet, then I don't see why it would be under renovation when you buy it.

Your interpretation of renovation sounds right to me, for what it's worth.

A related question would be would a player get coins for putting cards in the marketplace under renovation? I wouldn't think so.

From a meta-game perspective, I don't look at the cards in the marketplace as "establishments." I think of them as groups of investors or whatever looking to START an establishment and seeing which city will give them the better deal. That's just me, though.

hist wrote:
So I think that's a fair question. Which green/blue card goes first when they're equal?

(I would have sworn that was in the basic rules but I can't find it at the moment.)
My game group has always played that, when it comes cards on the same number within a category (Red, Green & Blue, Purple), the player who rolled the dice decides the order. I thought the basic rules handled it because of the three Purple cards on 6, but I can't find anything. Granted, those cards really don't interact with each other, but still.

Anyway, until I hear otherwise, that's the way I'm going to handle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BozemanPhil wrote:
hist wrote:

(I would have sworn that was in the basic rules but I can't find it at the moment.)
We've always played that the player who rolled the dice decides the order. I thought the basic rules handled it because of the three Purple cards on 6, but I can't find anything. Granted, those cards really don't interact with each other, but still.

Anyway, until I hear otherwise, that's the way I'm going to handle it.

Prior to Millionaire's Row, it didn't matter which green/blue went first. None of them caused players to give money to the bank or other players. They all resulted in money gained. You could resolve them in any order and end up at the same point.

I'm all for keeping rules simple, but this must have come up in playtesting. How is it not addressed in the rules? Is there an official FAQ posted online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:

I'm all for keeping rules simple, but this must have come up in playtesting. How is it not addressed in the rules? Is there an official FAQ posted online?

Yes, it's odd. It came up in our first game tonight. I just house ruled you paid out money for the Loan Office after any income received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
cordeiro wrote:

Yes, it's odd. It came up in our first game tonight. I just house ruled you paid out money for the Loan Office after any income received.

Yeah that's an odd one not to be addressed.

Another one we had was with the Moving Company and the Loan Office: when someone 'sends' the Loan Office to another player, does that player get the 5 coins for having received the Loan Office, as if they built it?

We were in disagreement about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:
cordeiro wrote:

Yeah that's an odd one not to be addressed.

Another one we had was with the Moving Company and the Loan Office: when someone 'sends' the Loan Office to another player, does that player get the 5 coins for having received the Loan Office, as if they built it?

We were in disagreement about that.

No, the loan office switches from owner. It is not build again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order of Use of Loan Office
cyberspace17 wrote:
When I have the loan office, forest or flower shop, < 2 coins, and I roll a 5 or 6, in what order do I execute the card effects? Do I collect from the forest or flower shop and then pay the loan office or Do I pay first, even if I don't have 2 coins, and then collect?

In another thread, a post was made with a ruling from the publisher: "You can choose which blue / green triggers first as the active player."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.