Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*Sorry for English mistakes
Hi,
This is a new race I made for battlelore 2e, those Werewolves are some kind of the Ulfen race from one of the Runebound 2e Expansions, I don't have Lore cards yet, so you can use the cards of the army that isn't being used. I am constructing some card-board stands for the units. I have play tested it a bit, please tell your thoughts!

Werewolf
Move: 3
Combat: 3
Health: 3
Traits: Infantry, Melee, Lycanthrope
Special Abilities: Pursue 2
Cost: 4

Fire-Walker
Combat: 2(1-4)
Traits: Infantry, Range, Lycanthrope
Special Abilities: Fire
Cost: 4

Two- Headed Wolf
Move: 4
Combat: 2
Traits: Cavalry, Melee, Lycanthrope
Special Abilities: Pursue 2, Another-Attack
Cost: 6

Werewolf Human Form
Move: 2
Traits: Elite, Tactical, Melee, Lycanthrope
Special Abilities: Command
Cost: 6

Alpha- Werewolf
Health: 5*
Traits: Legendary, Melee, Lycanthrope
Special Abilities: Infection, Tactical-Retreat
Cost: 8

Special Rules-

Pursue- In the battlelore rules.
Fire- Heroic result cause target to burn until the end of the game.
Another-Attack- This unit can attack more than once, after the first attack it attacks again with one less die, repeat this until it need to roll 0 dice.
Command- On an heroic result, order one unit that has enough move to move near the target, then move her and attack the target. If there are no such units, order any unit, and move it but don’t attack.
Infection- On an heroic result, the target suffers 2 retreats.
Tactical-Retreat- When this unit retreats, after the first retreat it can move anywhere but the place it came from.

Burn-
When a unit is burning, it can’t be affected by the benefits of the following cards:
Daqan Lore: Take Aim, Wall of Iron, Enchanted Arrows.
Uthuk Lore: Cannibalism, Sand Swarm*, Fury of Y’llan.
Command Cards: Darken The Skies.
* After a player’s turn, if there are sand swarms on the board the player must assign for each of his burning units the closest sand swarm and place it in the unit’s hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the effect of "Burn" (limiting the use of certain Lore/Command cards) is kind of complicated and while it might make sense thematically, isn't very interesting.

I like Command! It's similar to the upcoming Influence ability Necromancers get, but it's focused on moving a unit to attack the original target rather than a free move/attack with a Minion in range.

Extra Attack is an interesting idea too, but for the Two-Headed Wolf, Pursue AND Extra Attack sounds like it could be a lot of attacks in one turn for one unit, even if they're diminishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daverman wrote:
I think the effect of "Burn" (limiting the use of certain Lore/Command cards) is kind of complicated and while it might make sense thematically, isn't very interesting.

I had another version for this one that is equally powered I think:
Place burning marker on this unit, it can be removed with 2 lore points when ordering this unit. When attacking a burning unit Lore results cause the unit 1 retreat.

Daverman wrote:
I like Command! It's similar to the upcoming Influence ability Necromancers get, but it's focused on moving a unit to attack the original target rather than a free move/attack with a Minion in range.

One thing that I consider to change is that you can move any unit but attack only the original target.

Daverman wrote:
Extra Attack is an interesting idea too, but for the Two-Headed Wolf, Pursue AND Extra Attack sounds like it could be a lot of attacks in one turn for one unit, even if they're diminishing.

Yes, the two headed wolf is overpowered, I noticed he is just a stronger version of the Flesh Rippers, maybe Movability 2 instead would be better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of werewolves, maybe you can consider the possibility of "shape-shifting" the unit. Imagine a unit with two versions: human form, more stealth and defensive, animal form more offensive. A ordered unit can shift between the two (which means only ONCE per round). Use a token to denote the animal (or the human) status. On the unit card, one side is for the human, the other for "the beast". Just idle thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.