Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a first game of this.
Took us a while to get use to it. Five wave game with 3 people midnight, cyrus, valcor.

In the second wave we faced lots of flying and had no way to deal with them. Was not sure if you could tank flying but ruled yes cause otherwise we would be screwed. Later on I found out I was wrong.
So if I understand it correct untankable, unstoppable and flying all can't be blocked this makes blocking allot harder.

In the last wave I let a hireling move outside of the tower, if I understand it correctly that is not allowed if he does not stay within two distance of the tower. However in the rulebook I found two different answer to moving to another tower. The first said you can use all actions to relocate to another tower, the second said you can run from one tower to another if you can make it in a turn. What is the correct one or are both used, the first if you move from inside a tower to another one and the second one when you are outside of the tower?

We hired an archer which was very useful.
We unlocked cyrus his blade so he could attack flyers.
We bought one reinforcement that allowed us all to heal 5.
We bought one armory card the dwarven artillery, very fun and powerful. It did around 108 damage which was really needed.

In the end we fought the lightning troll. Midnight was totally useless against him which was very boring for me. Since I had no hireling and the last three turns only the boss lived I had nothing to do.

Armory cards seem like mandatory if you want to even have a change.
Hirelings are good to fill out what you are missing.
Reinforcement cards are good and like mini armory cards.
Equipment seems to be very underpowered and expensive unless you get something that is useful for the situation or character involved.

Anyway I am rambling, we had a great time.

In conclusion:

How can hirelings move from tower to tower when they are inside, and how when they are outside?

How do you tank all those flyers?

Money seems very very scarce, or did we do something wrong?

Is there a way to speed up the process of selecting the monster each wave. This was the one thing that really slowed us down. Throwing 12 dice the last wave then look up what monsterlevel then look odd or even, yellow or red, then move and then attack took allot of time. I suppose a simple app could make this allot faster but not gotten to it to see if that is doable.

Any other tips?

Thanks, still loved the game, hope to win legit sometime.

O just one ps:

Even though we cheated the lightning troll was hitting the castle door turn after turn. We had to go in close and take damage. We only could take him out in time cause of a critical blow from valcor. A crit at the right time is so rewarding :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moll
United States
Wildomar
California
flag msg tools
Only got a second so I will respond to the monster spawning.

In our 3+ player game, we had 1 person roll the die, call out the monster level and odd or even. One person would get the token randomly from the baggy and call out the health and the 3rd person would get the health chips, place the monster and move&attack. This really sped up the beginning of each wave for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Leo Moonstriker wrote:
Only got a second so I will respond to the monster spawning.

In our 3+ player game, we had 1 person roll the die, call out the monster level and odd or even. One person would get the token randomly from the baggy and call out the health and the 3rd person would get the health chips, place the monster and move&attack. This really sped up the beginning of each wave for us.

What the dev does. Thumbed and tipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.