Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Catan» Forums » General

Subject: How can I get my hands on the (first adition) 7-8 player rulebook PDF? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Hauser
msg tools
I keep hearing about the first addition of Catan having a rule book for 7-8 players by connecting two boards. I saw one person offer to send the PDF to someone via PM, but how come it isn't available publicly?

Would anybody be kind enough to send the PDF to more or direct me to somewhere I can get it? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/427853/7-8-player-settlers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hauser
msg tools
Yes, that's where I saw someone offer it via PM. I guess I'll request it there too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomassaurus wrote:
Yes, that's where I saw someone offer it via PM. I guess I'll request it there too...
I have seen a copy of it, although I don't appear to have it anymore. One thing to remember is that the original First and Second editions of Catan (well, US editions anyway) had different-coloured pieces from eachother, making the 7-8 player game work much easier in some respects. It also didn't use the frames that are used today. In any case, I have transcribed the 7-8 player rules in my Completely Annotated Rules & Almanac. The document hasn't been updated since the 4th edition released (and won't be) but the first and second edition rules are still in there with a special section just on the 7-8 player rules. I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hauser
msg tools
Great thanks! We bought some extra colors for Catan, so we could add more players. I was looking for this because I wanted to see what the creators had to say about 7-8 player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomassaurus wrote:
Great thanks! We bought some extra colors for Catan, so we could add more players. I was looking for this because I wanted to see what the creators had to say about 7-8 player games.
It is important to note that the original 2nd edition rules for 7-8 players pre-dates the 5-6 player extension, so I'd definitely recommend using the "Special Building Phase" rules that the extension added to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.