7 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Barbarian Pledge vs King Pledge KS box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Kickstarter page, Mark Tietsort brought up a good question that hasn't been answered yet, so I thought I would bring it up on these forums. This question is directed towards Monolith Developers.

Mark Tietsort

Hi There, I have asked this before, but did not get a clear answer. And know that I am still in debate on upgrading to the King Pledge... I still am not sure the upgrade is worth 45. But here is the question. The stretch Goal at (33300 I think) was for a collectors Deluxe Box. So it is an exclusive Collectors box. There is no indication that this stretch goal is only for the King Pledge. However in the pledge Manager, it again states, that the Barbarian level is "Standard Game Box". But it also states "All Stretch Goals".

So do I get he stretch goal box, and is that different then the King Pledge box design.

I am not talking about content, I am just talking about the actual Box.

This is what I assume from the campaign

- the retail version will have a standard box without any kickstarter exclusive items.
- the Barbarian pledge will have the Deluxe Box (stretch Goal) with all KS exclusives.
- The King Pledge will have the Deluxe Box with all additional King Pledge items.

??

Thank you Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Mark,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one BUT I'm going to double check just to be sure.

I'll reply here ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure the Deluxe Box is in lieu of the main box. I was assuming it will be like the Galaxy Defenders Kickstarter where the Deluxe Box is in addition to the main box.

In other words, you get a retail standard main box but then you get a second special box that holds the huge pile of stretch goals. That's how I assumed it would be packaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
I am not sure the Deluxe Box is in lieu of the main box. I was assuming it will be like the Galaxy Defenders Kickstarter where the Deluxe Box is in addition to the main box.

In other words, you get a retail standard main box but then you get a second special box that holds the huge pile of stretch goals. That's how I assumed it would be packaged.

This is a good idea, because you might be able to fit all of the expansions + extras in both boxes. I got all three of the expansions. I would rather fit everything in one big box, but I doubt that is going to happen. Therefore, I would rather use two big boxes than have to use one big box and a few small expansion boxes to store all of my components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that you will get the barbarian pledge in a regular retail box and then all the stretch goals will come in the deluxe box since it was an unlocked stretch goal.

The additional kings content will most likely come in a clear plastic bag .

I am just speculating on this from what other kickstarters have done (see Super dungeon explore and the booty box)

As far as the Kings pledge being worth the extra 45 dollars, I say yes it is. You get 3 character sheets, extra set dice ,30+figures(THOG!), 15 game tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Ok it was as I thought, you get the collectors box for both the King AND the Barbarian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhelpSlayer wrote:
Ok it was as I thought, you get the collectors box for both the King AND the Barbarian.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response Jamie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.