Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is O2 going to include a grand unified storage solution type option for those of us with all of the things? I ask because I'm trying to decide if I should make a box organizer for my copy now (and look for a box for the expansions), or wait and just order the official awesome version.

I'm imagining just a larger(?!) box, or an additional one set up for expansions or what not. That said, if y'all offered a multi-hundred (300? 500?) dollar add-on of a massive book (necronomicon? de vermis mysteriis?) that held everything (like a lovecraftian version of the war of the ring collectors edition book), I would be all over that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just take out the insert and wrap the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I know there are ways for the base game. No problems there. I'm wondering about a system that incorporates expansions and such as well. Maybe it's just a pipe dream. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it will.

We are still in prep for this, and nothing is finalized, but it will happen. It will be a nice, custom solution.

Actually, this also factored into the Kickstarter's delay - we need to have the storage solution ready to show/go for the launch, which we might not have if we did it in Sept. as planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since CW is very a-la-carte, I'm wondering how the storage solution will work with that. If it has to handle everything from the base set up to full DVM + full Onslaught 2 + Hounds of Tindalos that's quite a bit of variability...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Yes it will.

We are still in prep for this, and nothing is finalized, but it will happen. It will be a nice, custom solution.

THANK YOU! I will be backing for that, plus almost certainly everything else, on day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Since CW is very a-la-carte, I'm wondering how the storage solution will work with that. If it has to handle everything from the base set up to full DVM + full Onslaught 2 + Hounds of Tindalos that's quite a bit of variability...

Right now our thoughts are this:

Each expansion will have a dedicated tray to fit all it's pieces. Some expansions might be doubled up, if it makes sense (for example, the two neutral Dreamlands monster pack, all the map units, and/or Gobogeg with GOO 2, or something). But all the factions would have their own tray.

It is likely that those who are most interested in this storage solution are those who are already going all in, or have already done so (or close to it). We don't yet know exactly how and in what combinations we're offering it. At the end of the day, it may only be an all or nothing thing, but it would house everything, including the new stuff, if we do it that way. We just don't yet know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ryanabrams wrote:
Oh, I know there are ways for the base game. No problems there. I'm wondering about a system that incorporates expansions and such as well. Maybe it's just a pipe dream. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah. Take out the insert and wrap the minis. There'll be plenty of room in that huge box for expansions too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news about the storage.

What about a larger map -- is that in scope? I believe it was mentioned as a possibility in a previous discussion thread (can't seem to find it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, but wish I would've known a week sooner. Bought the battlefoam solution last week. Ah well, still need a solution for everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sound way too cool!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Yes it will.

Actually, this also factored into the Kickstarter's delay - we need to have the storage solution ready to show/go for the launch, which we might not have if we did it in Sept. as planned.

And you are hereby forgiven for any delay that may ensue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. So many kickstarters ignore storage solutions, even those with great minis.

My painted GOOs deserve nothing less than to be nestled in the best insert. (they like to be comfortable too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
While we DO have a storage solution in the works, Petersen Games's official recommendation to all DVM backers is that you knock out a non-load-bearing wall in your house, and replace it with bookshelves. Place a spotlight shining on the top shelf, which is where you must put your current favorite Great Old One in its glory.

Sandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
While we DO have a storage solution in the works, Petersen Games's official recommendation to all DVM backers is that you knock out a non-load-bearing wall in your house, and replace it with bookshelves. Place a spotlight shining on the top shelf, which is where you must put your current favorite Great Old One in its glory.

Sandy

You guys keep it up and I will have to build an extension onto the house! I can't wait to acquire the storage solutions.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Chicoine
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:

Sandy

This is why we have nice things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Yes it will.

Well you can't do anything wrong, can you? ;-)
I'm always impressed with how you guys deliver everything we want time and time again!
Wish all publishers were like you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
existoid wrote:
Yes it will.

Well you can't do anything wrong, can you? ;-)
I'm always impressed with how you guys deliver everything we want time and time again!
Wish all publishers were like you!

Thank you very much!

However, from our (or at least my) perspective, we have yet to deliver most things! The expansions are still not out (but I will be in China NEXT week, and will return with pertinent updates), nor are our other Kickstarted games
We are working on them, and this Fall/Winter, as well as the first half of next year is going to be awesome in terms of Petersen Games' releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
Don't forget to leave room for the hound of tindalos in the storage solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like a box of boxes, please

Each faction gets a box/tray, plus a box for boards and tracks, then I can easily select the factions I wish to take to impress/corrupt/beat (delete as applicable) my gaming buddies without making my hernia any worse

or, at least slide out the tray for each player to select his world devouring GOO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've working with a few guys to store all the miniatures out of time and space.
Banishing the miniatures to the nether seems not to be a problem. The problem is recalling the right faction you need with all their units... I'll let you know if we can solve that problem and the fact that sometimes some of them pop out of nowhere in R'lyeh, which is not very good when they have already been painted. yuk

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the storage solution on Onslaught 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
detritus9 wrote:
Don't forget to leave room for the hound of tindalos in the storage solution!

I will be honest, that is not necessarily in the plans.

As awesome as the Hound is, many behind the scenes things related to it are somewhat frustrating, and I promise I will try to incorporate it, but I will not promise that I will succeed in doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have failed to disappoint this far, so I'm sure you'll manage to find some corner in the box for the hound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Merlo
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome news as always with the Petersens. Though I would love it if you would just take my money now, I know these things take time. It seems like OS2 will be a monster of a campaign. Cheers to all of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I am going to have to do a complete 180 degrees on this, which is depressing.

We have been in talks with three different interested companies who do storage solutions, and all are still interested. However, we haven't been able to finalize things enough to have them on day 1. In the frenzy of the KS, we may not add them later, as it will already be a big and complex KS with so many expansions available.

This does not mean we won't have one, it just means we won't have one on the Kickstarter itself, contrary to what I said in this very thread cry

It's difficult to include a second creator on your own KS, and that's what we would really have been doing.

But since at least three custom storage makers are interested, and two of them have made prototype designs for the pre-cut trays, I am still confident these will be on the market in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.