Poland
Szamotuły
flag msg tools
badge
"Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I know there were few similar subject but time goes on and knowledge grows

I am not a deck building gamer. I can say not even card gamer. I like few card games and really love just one : Imperial Settlers.

But I need some Star Wars game in my collection and this one appeals the most.

I am planning to buy just one core set. I am not interested in deck building. Just casual play with friend.

Which of deluxe expansions would you recommend to boost the game in the best way ?

I know one allows to play with 3/4 players. I dont think I need it. What about other ones ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
For a deluxe expansion, I would highly recommend Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness, as it "completes" the core set by adding the rest of the Smugglers and Spies and Scum and Villainy affiliations.

Star Wars: The Card Game – Balance of the Force allows for up to four players, but the general consensus is it doesn't really add much to the core game if only two people will be playing.

The final deluxe expansion, Star Wars: The Card Game – Between The Shadows is designed to expand upon the Jedi and Scum and Villany affiliations, so it would make sense to get Edge of Darkness first before picking this one up.

If you haven't already, check out the Star Wars LCG Objective Sets first to get a better feel for what's out there, if you don't mind the card "spoilers".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKWjrbWfP4hVw8qR3wqX...

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Ward
United States
Newark
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kamieniak wrote:
Hello
Which of deluxe expansions would you recommend to boost the game in the best way ?

The first expansion I would buy is Edge of Darkness. It will complete the starter decks for the Scum and Villainy and Smugglers and Spies affiliations.

Star Wars is pretty unique for a CCG-type game in that deck building can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The objective set system really does make it very approachable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz Kaminski
Poland
Szamotuły
flag msg tools
badge
"Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen."
mbmbmbmbmb
Edge of Darkness it is. Thanks for answer and " may the force be with you ... always "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For casual play, I would just get Edge of Darkness. Between the Shadows is a fantastic expansion, but I would say that if you bought it, it would be mostly to build new decks. The Core + EoD are perfectly balanced within themselves and you would have 6 decks to choose from (3 on each side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.