Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Oliveira
United States
south orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SO i wanna make a desicion today before the late pledge leaves, had a couple questions.

I have all zombicide season 1, 2, 3 with all kickstarter exclusives when i backed out. Should i see it all for this and start fresh? DO you guyy see room for both in your collection or are they two similiar? What are all you guys doing with your zombicide original?

Also what are the major differences between the 2 games that are differences in gameplay i should ponder on that i may miss if i get rid of all my zombicide stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its mostly the theme that is different, modern vs medieval/fantasy. also, the modern version has more iconic characters.

gameplay is interestingly different in black plague but some of it can be transposed to the previous seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njbrodeur87 wrote:
SO i wanna make a desicion today before the late pledge leaves, had a couple questions.

I have all zombicide season 1, 2, 3 with all kickstarter exclusives when i backed out. Should i see it all for this and start fresh? DO you guyy see room for both in your collection or are they two similiar? What are all you guys doing with your zombicide original?

Also what are the major differences between the 2 games that are differences in gameplay i should ponder on that i may miss if i get rid of all my zombicide stuff?

I'm keeping all my original stuff. To me, theme is important, and it looks different enough that I think it will have a different feel.

Plus, a lot of the sculpts will be useful for other games. The MP Grail sculpts will be great for the Descent, DotR, et. al. MP characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't need the money, I'd keep your Zombicide stuff.
Getting rid of it all is a move I think you'll later regret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would get Black Plague and then see what you feel like when you have it. If you aren't touching Modern any more then by all means sell it on. I will admit Black Plague looks like it fixes all the really crappy parts of Modern Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njbrodeur87 wrote:

I have all the stuff from Season 1-3, including Kickstarter extras and Game Night kits. I didn't feel like I had room in my collection for both, so I didn't back BP. Still, it looks super cool, so I hope I cross paths with other gamers who do own it so that I can play it from time to time.
I'd wait until BP shows up, and a little of the newness has worn off, to see how much you play it vs. Modern. If you find yourself always doing the fantasy setting, maybe that's the one you keep. If you find yourself having more fun switching between the two, then you keep everything. I'm sure that some industrious people on here will come up with ways to combine the settings, but I think that each will stand on their own and be a blast without being combined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping it all, because I plan on sometimes mixing the two using the vault as a portal between the two worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
I will admit Black Plague looks like it fixes all the really crappy parts of Modern Zombicide.

A lot of the rules in BP can be moved over to Classic Zombicide easily. I would not get rid of your season 1 - 3 stuff, just use the BP rules if you like the changes. The only thing I like about BP is the plastic inserts for character ID cards. Other than that, (IMO) the necro isn't all that impressive, the new way to make Molotovs do not interest me, the vault rooms just allow models to teleport to different areas and the double spawn cards basically have the same effect as the Location tokens in S3.

I am sure people will make cards and tiles that add the BP extras to Classic Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a bad question for me. I love collecting stuff and never sell. I have all seasons. BUY AND KEEP ALL THE THINGS!!!1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teage Watson
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I do not have a full collection of modern Zombicide. I plan to continue picking up the modern when I can and I also backed BP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.