Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying the firefight generator as a solitaire player and came across something regarding rule G 3.7.3 Defense Counters.

I have drawn a card that allows me to draw a Defense Counter, but the units on the card weren't placed initially so they will need to enter.

Would I still place the Defense Counter on already placed units or should I just draw it out of the AI cup like other units that are entering play?

Thanks,
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Defense counters are not "Hasty defense" counters.

It's a generic word which include all obstacles and fortifications.
You draw one counter and choose which side to use.
So if you don't have any units to place a hasty defense counter drawn, just choose the other side ! ;)
All others obstacles and fortifications don't need to be placed on an unit, you can place them in an empty hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tontione wrote:
Defense counters are not "Hasty defense" counters.

It's a generic word which include all obstacles and fortifications.
You draw one counter and choose which side to use.
So if you don't have any units to place a hasty defense counter drawn, just choose the other side !
All others obstacles and fortifications don't need to be placed on an unit, you can place them in an empty hex.

But Hasty Defenses are listed under -Fortifications. 18.1. AtB.

Edit: I misread your answer. So please forget mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my question is, if a cards units are not placed at the start of a scenario (for example, German Card #9) when would you place the defense piece?

The other units will enter during play, so would you place the defensive piece when it is pulled from the AI Draw Cup or when it is the player's turn?

Thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hanzelmans wrote:
I guess my question is, if a cards units are not placed at the start of a scenario (for example, German Card #9) when would you place the defense piece?

The other units will enter during play, so would you place the defensive piece when it is pulled from the AI Draw Cup or when it is the player's turn?

Thanks,
Steve

Ah sorry, i didn't understand your question.

G 3.7.3 Defense Counters
You place immediatly the defense counter you draw on any hex not adjacent to an ennemy unit and that doesn't already contain a defense counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.