Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my War Kickstarter stuff showed up today. After going through all the goodies I realized I have BattleCon War, Fate, and Devastation plus all the Extendeds, expansions and promos. With the daunting task ahead of me, how does everyone out there plan on organizing their collection?

I was hoping to put everything into Go7Gaming Devastation insert but that is already stuffed to the top. I suppose I could use the provided sleeves and just condense all the new stuff into a single box or two but are there any better options out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Open the first flight, play with those only for a while.

Worry about the rest next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
How handy are you? For the lazier of us, I just tossed the stuff in plastic bags and called it a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having fun with foam core -

I separate the flights with foam core dividers, this was a pic prior to stuffing it full and everything is sleeved, It fits better than the insert they provided

Here's a full box, I still have a few things to move around as I play, all the cards are sleeved in the pic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wicarius
United States
Lakeside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My personal solution, which is just easy enough for me, is one baggie per flight, per game. So all 6 character and their components from Devastation flight 1 fit into one baggie, with their kits in the provided tuck boxes and their stand ups and associated tokens floating around (they are never too difficult to pick out.)

Then I keep all the bases, sleeved, in a separate bag. I only sleeve bases since they get used every game while styles are only used per character.

That's it! This might be a good way to get started before you come up with a more permanent solution, but it's all I do and it works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do one small sandwich baggie for each fighter + their related tokens. I had originally stored all the tokens in one large bag but found it too much of a pain to search each time I set up a game.

I have yet to open all the flights -- but so far, so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpareTire wrote:
I do one small sandwich baggie for each fighter + their related tokens. I had originally stored all the tokens in one large bag but found it too much of a pain to search each time I set up a game.

I have yet to open all the flights -- but so far, so good.

This is what I do, too. The half-size sandwich bags are a perfect size for Battlecon fighter kits. Doesn't look even remotely elegant in the box, but it's functional and pretty easy to find what I need for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local gaming store hooked me up with a lot of these. I bought their entire supply and asked them to order some more (for Devestation and Armory).

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=651&osC...

Each one is just big enough to hold the character cards and some tokens, but won't fit that little envelope.

If you put the character portrait as the top card of each case, a collection of them looks really nice. Also, the life wheels don't fit in them either. Even stacked in the box, they look sort of professional - as opposed to random baggies tossed in the box, which was my organization method for Devastation.

I needed two of them to pack all the strikers. I don't know about the armory stuff yet... they'll probably be packaged in three decks, just like they came in the box.

So far I've got four boxes containing base cards, two boxes for strikers, one for "extra cards" that I don't usually use, and one box for each of the War characters and Fate characters and *some* of the Promos, and they all fit back in the War and Fate boxes along with the boards and rulebooks and life wheels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
If you put the character portrait as the top card of each case, a collection of them looks really nice.
I put the alternate art card on one side and the standard portrait on the other, so it looks good from both sides.

They are a little heavy, though. And I can't fit all the standups for all the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jordan
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to put all fighters from all games that have their own envelopes into the Devastation box. Everything you need to play with them (tokens, counters, markers, boards, etc.) fit in there...barely.

I took the new box for War and put all of the promo fighters, boss fights, alternate bases, and anything else that was an extra you could use in the game on there.

Finally, I took the Fate box, removed the insert, and put two baggies in there containing the Pixel and Chibi standees.

So, I basically have a box for the stuff you need if you want to play, a box of the additional stuff, and a final box for the aesthetic changes.

I'm not sure how I will do this if and when more BattleCON stuff comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super bummed that this stretch goal was not met.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of those Art Boxes from Hobby Lobby, and the ASB-002 insert from Go7Gaming.com. I also found some plastic bags at hobby lobby that hold each character very well.

This is War Extended, Devastation Extended, Fate, All the promos except backer made, and Dark Hikaru (which I need to figure out how to get), Armory, Light and Shadow, Strikers, bosses, and arenas. I had to selectively cull content to make this work. There are no alternate art stand-ups in the Character kits for example. I can get a few more characters in here before it gets too cramped, but anything after Trials and Wanderers will probably necessitate an overflow solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Those bags are perfect! Do they fit Endrbyt, including with his alt art standups? And if so, what exactly are they called?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most of the hobby stores carry them, I've seen them both at Hobby Lobby and Michaels, I'm sure JoAnnes also carries them, I've seen them in three sizes, 100 count

Khift wrote:
Those bags are perfect! Do they fit Endrbyt, including with his alt art standups? And if so, what exactly are they called?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have basically the same setup, though with a bit more fiddliness attached because I wanted to keep it super-organized:

Yes Pendros' bag is wrong, don't worry about it...
And a temporary reference screen to make it easier to pull stuff in and out of the slots (needs to be updated):

The bags are just 3x4" plastic bags, and fit almost every character. Gerard, Endrbyt, Clive, Thessala (barely) and Iaxus (barely) have too much stuff to fit in the bag, but everyone else is okay - even sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:

They barely fit Endrbyt with just his standard standup, but I do have his alternate UA card in the bag. My favorite update in War Remastered is the new size for the pentagon tokens. I think if I had his tokens in the smaller size, the second stand up might just fit. I would buy an update to devastation just for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't care for the way the bags fit when turned the 'normal' way. It made it too hard to riffle through them. I would give up the extra, narrow row for a couple extra mils of width in each other row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mvines wrote:
I have one of those Art Boxes from Hobby Lobby, and the ASB-002 insert from Go7Gaming.com. I also found some plastic bags at hobby lobby that hold each character very well.

This is War Extended, Devastation Extended, Fate, All the promos except backer made, and Dark Hikaru (which I need to figure out how to get), Armory, Light and Shadow, Strikers, bosses, and arenas. I had to selectively cull content to make this work. There are no alternate art stand-ups in the Character kits for example. I can get a few more characters in here before it gets too cramped, but anything after Trials and Wanderers will probably necessitate an overflow solution.

This post just made me have a head-slapping moment. I have one of those cases lying around and figured I' give it a shot as a storage solution, but the baggies wouldn't fit. I never thought to turn them sideways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, these posts made me go out and buy one of these cases.

Gonna start making some sort of foam core insert. Anyone know of any plans that are already available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the weekend I put together an insert for the Hobby Lobby box. I've got everything in here except for the alternate standees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking I could just use some cheap plastic trading card boxes.

Do people think that these would work? Or are they too small?

Five styles, one unique base, one finisher, one reference card, the standee and tokens. Maybe the cardboard would make them too big for some characters? I've yet to start punching. Does anyone have so many tokens that it would make these too small?

If so, might these be better? They're a lot bigger, which means more room for cardboard, but more wasted space.

Maybe the bigger is better since a lot of characters like Hepzibah and Magdalena have extra special cards, not to mention all of the Devastation characters. Or mixing them up, but then I'd have to know how many I need.

Hm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hinges on those mean they're much harder to fit in groups. Ultra Pro has better sized ones, though they slide rather than snap. I think they fit everyone except Endrbyt and Gerard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
The hinges on those mean they're much harder to fit in groups. Ultra Pro has better sized ones, though they slide rather than snap. I think they fit everyone except Endrbyt and Gerard?

Those look pretty good! And here they are at Amazon on the cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
I use the Ultra Pro boxes. Unsleeved, they (just) fit everyone, including Endrbyt and Gerard, if you don't include all of the different standups (from Devastation Extended).

Awesome that they're available cheap on Amazon now. They are often difficult to find at a reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I have everything sleeved which pushes Gerard and Endrbyt out of the realm of reasonable-sizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.