Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Putorek
United States
Mexico
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife loves history. We only get to play games together though. Is it worth it to buy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yup its great with 2. might be a tad bit easier but still quite a challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Resounding yes. This game is beautiful. The art is gorgeous, it not only conveys the theme but also elicits the right emotions including anguish and tension. Tignous adds to the awesome factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackeagle21 wrote:
My wife loves history. We only get to play games together though. Is it worth it to buy it?

Watch boxofdelights video of it on youtube. It's fantastic! He does a play-through as a 2p game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb J
China
Chengdu
Sichuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to be in the minority here.

The game is great but the 2p session I had was nowhere near sessions with 3+. It's very decent with 2 but clearly doesn't convey the same tension IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more for the minority. It's still quite a good game with 2, but 3 or 4 is gameplay feels better by a wide margin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
One more for the minority. It's still quite a good game with 2, but 3 or 4 is gameplay feels better by a wide margin.

It's not in the minority in the "user suggested # players" poll, where 3 & 4 players is definitely favored. But, there are only 3 voters - people who have played the game, please vote in that poll and give us more consensus data! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was excellent with 2, it was superb with 3. That is to say, it was great at both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought it was much better with 4/5 players than with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played it a couple of times with only 2 players. It wasn't that good. I would not recommend this for anyone who will only be playing 2-player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Helikoputtrik wrote:
I just played it a couple of times with only 2 players. It wasn't that good. I would not recommend this for anyone who will only be playing 2-player games.

Why wasn't it good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:

Why wasn't it good?

The point of the game is about anticipating what you can and can't play to help the group the most. And no, that doesn't mean its pure luck. You WILL get a sense for it based on the cards in play and on the playstyles of the other players.

With two players, a lot of that uncertainty is lost. The two player rule works, but it's nowhere near the experience you get with 4 or even 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Helikoputtrik wrote:

Why wasn't it good?
The game is pretty simple and the experience comes from the tension and uncertainty of not knowing what you can reliably play. Most of the uncertainty is lost (you have half of the playable cards yourself) and therefore the tension is also lost.

The dummy player used during the playing of support tokens doesn't really work that well either. The dummy player will basically just play a random support token each turn, pointing at either of the two real players. So the real players will just point at each other (making sure one of them gets the support bonus) until they no longer can point at each other. Then they both switch to point at the dummy player until both real players have received tokens enabling them to point at each other again. You are not allowed to talk about the tokens, but with two players it's pretty easy to keep track of them.

In the end, most of the game's systems just doesn't work well with two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.