Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played the Final Fantasy games since I was a child and in most of them, my favorite classes to play/use was the Summoner. It was something about summoning huge beasts to fight my battles for me that I enjoyed. I was also a big fan of both of the MMO's where I played Summoner as well. I decided to model a Myth classes after FFXIV's Summoner Class.

I would say this is probably version 0.3. I've made a few revisions and changed a few things around, but they are very rough. I figured I would share them with you all in case you were interested. Keep in mind this hasn't been play tested yet, the art isn't final (I want to make custom art for all of the cards, just will take some time), and some things I still need to tweak (IE: Wording, Symbols, etc). I haven't looked for specific mini's for it yet, but I'll do that once the cards are close to print worthy.

Let me know your thoughts.

PDF Files (Sorry for the large file size):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu59fx8be0tapgl/Cards.zip?dl=0

If you want the PSD files, let me know and I can upload them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Looks interesting. A few things: EnKindle triggers the "special attack" of a summon, but those attacks are not identified as normal or special. I assume special is the 2nd one listed?

The second thing is that ongoing should be one word.

Third, Aetherflow seems a little weak and is required for a few attacks. +1FD is trivial once you have high level gear (even more so since I think all accessory items grant +1 FD now). I would maybe make it ongoing and allow it to add +1 to the summon's FD as well. You could then make the spells which require Aetherflow also clear it when cast. I imagine it to be a magical link between summoner and pet, so a passive bonus to both and severing it on a devastating attack seems in the flavor of what you're doing, as I see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't looked at everything yet, but it looks great! You did a great job of balancing the Myth elements and FF. I am a fan of FFVIII and FFX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.