Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I let this happen in the moment to avoid a delay in play (had players needing to leave soon) and a long dispute, but said we would discuss it next time.

The icons on the Burning Scimitar look the same as the "kill" icons on a few Djinn. So, the player used the Burning Scimitar to "kill" two elders that he kept with the Kandicha djinn.

Personally, I would say the scimitar says "remove 2" not kill. Also, Kandicha's description says, "each time your assassins kill" and the item is not not an assassin. So, I want to say this is against the rules. I would love to hear other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaoticGemini wrote:
I let this happen in the moment to avoid a delay in play (had players needing to leave soon) and a long dispute, but said we would discuss it next time.

The icons on the Burning Scimitar look the same as the "kill" icons on a few Djinn. So, the player used the Burning Scimitar to "kill" two elders that he kept with the Kandicha djinn.

Personally, I would say the scimitar says "remove 2" not kill. Also, Kandicha's description says, "each time your assassins kill" and the item is not not an assassin. So, I want to say this is against the rules. I would love to hear other opinions.

What you're referring to as a "kill" icon is not a "kill" icon, it's the icon that means "remove". The red assassin meeple pointing to a meeple with the "remove" icon means "kill"

I would say you don't activate Kandicha when using a Burning Scimitar as you're not using red meeples to remove meeples from the tile. Kandicha even says "Each time your assassins kill a:" and gives a list ... that alone would have ended the discussion for me.

"Did you use assassins to kill / remove these? No? Then it doesn't apply."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

i confirm that Burning Scimitar doesn't activate Kandicha's ability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. That is what felt right to me and now I can show this as my back-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this exact same question come up in a 4-player game the other night where a player wanted to use the 2 meeples that they removed from the tile with the Burning Scimitar token. They were green merchants and the player using the Burning Scimitar wanted to take the first 2 Resource cards. Another player said that the Burning Scimitar was clearly a killing instrument and that you were actually killing the 2 meeples so the player that was using the Burning Scimitar did not get to use the meeples they removed from the tile. The person with the Burning Scimitar said "Fine, if that is how it is supposed to be played then I will KILL 2 of your Artisans"arrrh

We all decided that it was ok but after reading the above posts and reply from the designer of the game it looks like we played it wrong. Does the person who uses the Burning Scimitar get to use the 2 meeples they remove from the tile just the same as if they had picked them up at the end of their turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Jack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:

We all decided that it was ok but after reading the above posts and reply from the designer of the game it looks like we played it wrong. Does the person who uses the Burning Scimitar get to use the 2 meeples they remove from the tile just the same as if they had picked them up at the end of their turn?

No, when you use the Burning Scimitar to clear a tile you only get to claim the tile. You don't get to activate the meeples and then claim it, or the text would state it.

In fact when I read it closely it states you have to place a Camel on it, you can't place a tent apparently, even if it would be a good scoring choice.

Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Geyer
United States
East Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Eddies in the space-time continuum!
badge
Ah, is he?
mbmbmbmbmb
MightyJack wrote:
Omahavice wrote:

No, when you use the Burning Scimitar to clear a tile you only get to claim the tile. You don't get to activate the meeples and then claim it, or the text would state it.

In fact when I read it closely it states you have to place a Camel on it, you can't place a tent apparently, even if it would be a good scoring choice.

Comments?

Page 2 of the rulebook:

Tents acts as Camels in every aspect, which means that every time that Rules mention "Camels", it also applies to Tents,

So use BS to erect your tent! WooT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone above mentioned a person using the burning scimitar to kill two of another players meeples. I played this game a few hours ago and i was under the impression it can only be used to remove meeples from a tile. I didnt see anything that said you were allowed to kill another players meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.