Zak Eidsvoog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up in a match today:

First, I landed Welsie's Grand Tapestry finisher which emptied my opponent's hand.

Quote:
On Hit: The opponent is stunned. All cards in the opponent's hand are discarded together with their attack pair this beat.

Then, when their almost-entire hand was in their discard pile 2, I landed Anomalous grasp. This moved their discard pile 2 back into their discard pile 1.

Quote:
On Hit: Place your opponent's Discard Pile 2 into his Discard Pile 1.

Since Welsie can keep playing the same attack over and over with her UA as long as it hits, I was able to keep playing Anomalous, which eventually led to my opponent having no hand and no Discard Pile 2. We ruled that this meant I got to keep playing attack pairs without them doing anything. After a few more very one-sided beats, I won the match.

Did we play this correctly? I've never had a situation before where someone had no cards in hand at the start of their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. If either player cannot form an attack pair for any reason, the beat skips straight to Recycle. In the situation you seem to have gotten in to, there would have been two straight beats of recycling.

This has been answered officially several times, although I was surprised not to see it in the Fate rulebook when I looked just now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zephyr eagle wrote:
This situation came up in a match today:

First, I landed Welsie's Grand Tapestry finisher which emptied my opponent's hand.

Quote:
On Hit: The opponent is stunned. All cards in the opponent's hand are discarded together with their attack pair this beat.

Then, when their almost-entire hand was in their discard pile 2, I landed Anomalous grasp. This moved their discard pile 2 back into their discard pile 1.

Quote:
On Hit: Place your opponent's Discard Pile 2 into his Discard Pile 1.

Since Welsie can keep playing the same attack over and over with her UA as long as it hits, I was able to keep playing Anomalous, which eventually led to my opponent having no hand and no Discard Pile 2. We ruled that this meant I got to keep playing attack pairs without them doing anything. After a few more very one-sided beats, I won the match.

Did we play this correctly? I've never had a situation before where someone had no cards in hand at the start of their turn.

If the opponent has no cards, the beat doesnt count and we go straight to recycling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Eidsvoog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we played that wrong then.

Thanks for the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.