Subject: Weapon targeting and timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Yesterday during play a weapon team with an IG18 fired at a hex. The targeting roll resulted in the event Cower, so a suppression for the weapon team, but the targeting roll was successful.

Will the gun still roll a fire attack? Or will the suppression on the team prevent them from using the weapon even after it's targeting roll?

We played it could still make the attack

Skoll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Skoll wrote:
The targeting roll resulted in the event Cower

I don't think that's possible:

O18.2.2.1 Hit wrote:
(this is NOT a roll, so no die triggers)

(If you have an older rules edition, you might not see that sentence; check the rules PDF.)

Edit: I was brainfarting, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought that only the Accuracy check for artillery was not a roll, but can't find anything for targeting of ordnance weapons not triggering events?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the Weapon Team outside the range of his Leader? Cowering only occurs if units are outside command radius of leader.

The OP is stating that his situation is with an Ordnance weapon, not off board artillery request. O18.2.2.1 refers to the targeting roll for artillery and determines which hex the FFE will happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tntpiper wrote:
Was the Weapon Team outside the range of his Leader? Cowering only occurs if units are outside command radius of leader.

The OP is stating that his situation is with an Ordnance weapon, not off board artillery request. O18.2.2.1 refers to the targeting roll for artillery and determines which hex the FFE will happen

Yes, they were on their own

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Skoll, you're right that I was brainfarting (I mixed up targeting roll and artillery scatter roll), sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Just squads

If this was a squad -- the ordnance fire attack will still occur. The squad had already fired the weapon which caused them to cower after resolving the attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, good catch about the Cowering part

Sounds like we played it correctly with the gun firing at least!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, now I have this image in my head of the team firing the weapon, jumping a mile and cowering wild-eyed...

"Shit, that was LOUD!! D'you think anybody heard us??"
"Stick your head up and have a look..."
"No, YOU stick your head up and have a look!!"

All in German, of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.