• [+] Dice rolls
Matt Logan
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This is excellent. I was one of the backers of the fraudulent kickstarter. The art looks amazing on this edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is fantastic!

As a "late backer" (sent paypal directly to Seth from link on KS page day after campaign) I won't benefit, but what a fantastic thing to do for backers of the KS who were ripped off - and everyone else who want the game!

Right on Osprey Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mollusk
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is absolutely fantastic news!

The two games I most regret parting with (this and Samurai) will be able to rejoin my shelf within the next six months!

And the new art direction looks great, too. I certainly won't mind not having the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my first Kickstarter buy that failed to deliver. I am blown away by Osprey's gesture here. Excited to finally have this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! A game I have been interested in for a while.

Super nice gesture from the publisher to give away to all kickstarters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracking. I'll make sure i pick up a copy to support such a publisher... Alright reviews and nice artwork helps too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't interested in the game but I'll pick up a copy to support this company.

Nice one Osprey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own the first edition but I'm sure to pick up the Osprey product. My current copy is beginning to show a lot of wear. After looking at the Osprey announcement page I really like the new artwork.

Hopefully this edition will have wooden Ravens and the correct Odin's Way rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunc wrote:

Do you know yet what size the cards will be?

flapjackmachine wrote:
Hopefully this edition will have wooden Ravens and the correct Odin's Way rules.

I could be mistaken, but I think Gimmler's "reworked version of the rules" will likely remove the Magic Way from the game...in the unfulfilled KS that was ran a couple of years ago, the rules were tweaked and I can't recall the Magic Way being mentioned at all...and I think the Auxiliary stack rules were removed as well. I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking the rules will more likely resemble what the Kickstarter version was supposed to be. The Magic Way was my least favorite aspect of the original game so, if it is removed, would not bother me in the slightest...I backed the KS version, in part, because the tweaks to the rules that were mentioned sounded like an improvement to me (and I liked the original game just fine as it was)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the cards are more normal sized. I despise it when a company uses off the wall sized cards "just for the hell of it". Makes sleeving a bitch. You don't like to sleeve? Fine. Don't make it difficult for others.

It's the same thing for companies that don't bother playtesting their games with the color blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Mitch is correct! We're using the updated rules as was planned by Thorsten.

The cards are the same size as the original edition, and have been color blind tested. Sleeves are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Odin's Ravens is one of the few games where oddly sized cards seems right. The whole left/right side with the flipping means it looks "right" when the cards are long and thin. Sure, I guess it makes them harder to sleeve, but I never sleeve cards anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunc wrote:
Mitch is correct! We're using the updated rules as was planned by Thorsten.

The cards are the same size as the original edition, and have been color blind tested. Sleeves are available.

You are right. My rant was unfair. I apologize.

It wasn't even directed at this particular game. It's not as easy to get sleeves but I know they exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
flapjackmachine wrote:

I could be mistaken, but I think Gimmler's "reworked version of the rules" will likely remove the Magic Way from the game...in the unfulfilled KS that was ran a couple of years ago, the rules were tweaked and I can't recall the Magic Way being mentioned at all...and I think the Auxiliary stack rules were removed as well. I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking the rules will more likely resemble what the Kickstarter version was supposed to be. The Magic Way was my least favorite aspect of the original game so, if it is removed, would not bother me in the slightest...I backed the KS version, in part, because the tweaks to the rules that were mentioned sounded like an improvement to me (and I liked the original game just fine as it was)...

My impression was that failed kickstarter reworked the rules for Odin's Ravens so much the end result was a very different game. Reworked into a game I wouldn't like. I'll probably hold off purchase until I've read the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flapjackmachine wrote:
otha62 wrote:
flapjackmachine wrote:

My impression was that failed kickstarter reworked the rules for Odin's Ravens so much the end result was a very different game. Reworked into a game I wouldn't like. I'll probably hold off purchase until I've read the new rules.

The new rules are probally streamlined and impoves the game. Why should they change the rules for the worse? They have absolutely zero interest in doing that.

I can't think of any game were the 2nd edition rules was worse than the 1st edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Osprey -- free copies for anyone who was a part of the fraudulent kickstarter you had nothing to do with?

This is .... very unexpectedly virtuous generous awesome. Well played, I know shall take a great interest in anything you put out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pre-order it on Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1472815033/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=...

It's actually been up on amazon for a month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Dunc wrote:

Do you know yet what size the cards will be?

flapjackmachine wrote:

What? Both Magic Way and Auxiliary stack removed? Doesn't seem there would be much game left without those. They were a key part of the strategy. I guess I'll wait to read the new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Quote:

You are right. My rant was unfair. I apologize.

It wasn't even directed at this particular game. It's not as easy to get sleeves but I know they exist.

Don't worry about it! For the record I'd advise against sleeving the land cards - no one wants a slippery modular board. It's good to have an option though.

The new rules do feel a little different to the original, but they're a lot of fun. This is the designer's preferred version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
What? Both Magic Way and Auxiliary stack removed? Doesn't seem there would be much game left without those. They were a key part of the strategy. I guess I'll wait to read the new rules.

While I liked the Kosmos version, I'm glad to see the Magic Way being removed...it seemed out of place to me in a racing game. I'm also glad to see it no longer be a series of short races to gather VPs...I like racing games to be about who wins the race and I think this will end up being 'bout winning one long race as opposed to several short ones...

As for the Auxiliary stack, I liked it in the first edition but, if I recall correctly, it wouldn't work in the new one. In the first edition, you were limited to a certain number of actions per turn, which could be somewhat offset by the use of the Auxiliary stack...in the second edition, I don't think you're limited in actions, except by the number of cards in your hand and possibly the terrain you're trying to cross...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, stories like this really turn my crank! So happy to see good being done! Awesome work Osprey Games!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this Kickstarter scam people are talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
What's this Kickstarter scam people are talking about?

1. Announce game.
2. Take money from kickstarter.
3. Make excuses.
4. Disappear with money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.