Hide
3 Posts

Past Lives» Forums » Rules

Subject: Insurance Premium?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Neder
msg tools
I have been a long time fan of Past Lives, but there has always been one part of the game that has eluded me. There is a set of card called, "Insurance Premium" and I have no idea what they are for and how they are used. The instruction booklet doesn't mention it. Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Spiffany
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
It is mentioned in the rule book on the description of the starting block for each era. When you land on the first block of any era, you have the opportunity to buy insurance for 500 credits. If you land on Sudden Death, you can trade them in instead of losing everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nick
Canada
TORONTO
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lesterspiff wrote:
When you land on the first block of any era, you have the opportunity to buy insurance for 500 credits.

An easy mistake to make if you skim the rules. If you read the section carefully, it makes reference to "passing" the Title Square, which is when you can purchase Deeds of Insurance. You don't actually have to land on a Title Square to qualify for buying insurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.