Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy hagel
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow Scavengers
I'm new to the game and hopeful that it will grow on me.

I've watched a number of the (sadly mind-numbing) gameplay videos but can't quite figure out how a turn/round is supposed to execute in solo mode.
Like, how (or who) do I "battle" for contested resources (CR)?
Also, what happens if I turn over one of the cards in one of the seven the CR pile and decide it's not worth it or change my mind? Do I call that a loss if my cards don't add up to the cost?
I'm reading the rulebooks and FAQ's but the answers are just not popping out for me...
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
archaeonic wrote:
Hey fellow Scavengers
I'm new to the game and hopeful that it will grow on me.

I've watched a number of the (sadly mind-numbing) gameplay videos but can't quite figure out how a turn/round is supposed to execute in solo mode.
Like, how (or who) do I "battle" for contested resources (CR)?

You choose when you're ready to go after one of the hidden opponents. So you have time to prepare. However, each pass through your deck you will lose one card at random. So you can't drag your feet for too long!

archaeonic wrote:
Also, what happens if I turn over one of the cards in one of the seven the CR pile and decide it's not worth it or change my mind? Do I call that a loss if my cards don't add up to the cost?

If you engage one of the opponents, you turn all their cards over and resolve the skirmish. If you are unable to defeat them then you lost that battle. Those opponent cards go out of play and you start the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Alston
United States
Brevig Mission
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this last night for the first time. I really enjoyed the experience. So in order to answer your first question, "Who do you battle for contested resources?" the answer is, you choose one of the piles you made at the beginning of the game. I would start on the smaller piles because you're more likely to have success fighting them. If you win the fight, you get to choose one of those cards and place it in your discard pile. If you lose, you choose one of your cards and remove it from the game.

For your second question, "Also, what happens if I turn over one of the cards in one of the seven the CR pile and decide it's not worth it or change my mind?" Well, now you've got a problem. Once you've flipped that CR pile over, you're committed. You either win and take a card from the the deck or you lose, and lose one of your cards. In your example you said turn over "one" card, but as I understand it, you have to turn all of them over (unless you're using a recon ability to look at cards, in which case, you don't have to fight them).

For your last question, "Do I call that a loss if my cards don't add up to the cost?" As I understand it, you count all your tribesmen that you have in the skirmish with all the tools/weapons, etc. If you have less total combat than the CR deck following the rules about using tools, etc (guns can't shoot themselves), then you lose, if you have more, then you win, and ties are based on the number of tribesmen involved in the fight (the number at the bottom left of the card--whoever has more tribesmen involved in the fight wins it).

I hope I got all that correct, if not someone please correct me. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.