Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, on somewhat of an impulse I picked up a copy of the two player starter set that was on offer at my FLGS today, and the package in general is quite impressive.

What is really rather disappointing is the quality of the infantry minis. They looking nothing like those on the assembly instructions, back of the box, rulebook or website. Admittedly the box does say that contents may vary but the detailing on these minis is really poor by comparison with the vehicles.

Anybody else found this?

I feel a bit cheated to be honest. If I were to buy some more (replacement) infantry minis I would probably end up not using these as they're just a bit shit by comparison.

I'll try and post some images for comparison tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two player starter uses plastic instead of resin - or, in the case of the infantry, metal. Hence it's significantly cheaper (about half the price, based on individual faction starters) but you loose a lot of the detail on the smaller models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Parker
England
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean but at this scale even with the metal figs it does seem a bit lacking but all the other models make up for this in my opinion, and the game is so much fun to play that I don't find myself that worried about it I just tried to make the bases quite interesting might detract a bit from the little plastic men once painted they look a lot better though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Flora
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're pretty lame, when I bought the plastic ucm and phr sets I sold them asap. Went back and bought everything in resin and metal. Felt very cheated. Oh well, still a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.