Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it was stated that the figure size would be 32mm. Does anyone know how this compares to a 28mm heroic scale? I have some figures that say they are 32mm but they are smaller then the GW figures. It seems that several companies list the same size miniatures but are actually measured to the eye level and not to the top of the figure. Wonder if it is regional differences also? uk miniatures ,us miniatures etc.. and what is true 32mm scale vs standard 32mm? Really confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the picture for comparison. was worried they were smaller. thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
32mm = 28mm heroic. However, even within company product lines, figures of the same scale may look different.

The history is that miniatures companies wanted to put more detail on figures, when retailers were carrying 28mm figures. But retailers did not want to carry another scale of figures. So manufacturers told them their figures were still 28mm, but heroic scale. And... it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a lot of different sizes that's for sure. I had some old Ral Partha figures that were 25mm,28mm and 30mm, but I never really measured them to be sure if they were measured to the eye level or top of the head. a lot of tsr games with a lot of different sizes. My reason for the topic is that I wanted to buy some Warhammer fantasy, reaper miniautres and other figures to throw in the mix with conan, but didn't want to find out they were too small.

thanks again for the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.