Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wayman
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am loving the app on Android. I have been teetering with the new version FFG in my shopping cart all week. The dilemma I am having is I just pace/keeping up with counting and removing tiles etc.. As the game teacher at my house I don't want to have to focus on controlling the game rules vs my own strategy. Even once my family learns it, there still seems a lot to do. With 3-4 established players for the game how long does it usually take and does it seem like your more so "adjusting the board" vs enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, about 2 hours at maximum per game.

For your second question,
I don't think I can answer that, it is more like the human issue not the game issue. I can see some people do well, enjoy their game even they have to teach, answer, and controlling the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awayman wrote:
I am loving the app on Android. I have been teetering with the new version FFG in my shopping cart all week. The dilemma I am having is I just pace/keeping up with counting and removing tiles etc.. As the game teacher at my house I don't want to have to focus on controlling the game rules vs my own strategy. Even once my family learns it, there still seems a lot to do. With 3-4 established players for the game how long does it usually take and does it seem like your more so "adjusting the board" vs enjoying the game.
I've seen 3p and 4p games down to 45 min. to an hour. However, in those games, we have a strict-ish rule that when it's turn, you're not allowed to talk unless it's a rules question. Focus on getting your turn done before anything else.

With family, that may be too mechanical and quick for them, so 1.5 to 2 hours may be at a more comfy pace, assuming they can sit through such a game for that long. That's probably about as much time it'll take for your first game to also teach them, if not another half an hour to the playtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a pretty good handout on how to teach T&E in the files here on the geek.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64372/teaching-guide-te-h...

It lays the steps out in a nice order. The complexity doesn't really come from the rule set (although the two types of conflicts take a while to wrap your head around), it's the depth of play in the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
45 minutes.

And yeah, for your second question: There's a good amount of turns where you "build up" and don't do anything spectacular. It however doesn't feel like "just putting some tiles on a board", but more like "you all think this is a random move, but just watch my next turn" :evilgrin:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once saw a 15-minute game, on which people decided to go treasure-hunting manically and so the game ended when the tiles were not even close of being exhausted. But 45 minutes is what one would expect in a game where everybody knows the rules already and there are no pathological AP-prone players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.