3 Posts

Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio Takano
Brazil
flag msg tools
Recently I finally bought this game and I am loving it. I searched everywhere for an insert project for this game and wasn't able to find it anywhere, even tough I found some insert but without any drawings or dimensions. Then I decided to make one of my own. I found this: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1246800/custom-insert, posted by bigeeh.
So I started dimensioning everything. I miss measured the box height, so in the end the lid wouldn't close till the end, making the box approximately 2 mm higher.
Here are the photos of the insert.

Rule book was the main reason lid didn't close .

All cards and ammo and grenade tokens are separated, so the tokens can be by the players side when playing.

All figures but Tickers and the Berserker can be placed standing up. Even tough some other figures are laying, they all can be put standing up. All cards and health tokens are separated for each different figure, making the setup a lot easier. All tokens are separated, there is a single room for all the lock token, another room for the door tokens, and another room for all the emergency hole tokens.

In the bottom of the box all tiles and the central play mat are placed, there is also room for the LoS ruler, which is in a lower level than the rest of the foam core, so it doesn't influence the height of the insert.

Details of the locusts, all figures are separated along with their AI cards and health tokens.

Cards are angled for better handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. It looks fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Takano
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thanks Bigeeh, your insert was my inspiration .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.