Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally figured out to set-up the game. Finally figured out all the rules and questions that have come up. Finally played my first game, but, I immediately noticed that one of the pins from a white cube was missing and will no longer stay back in place.

I must admit, I've never, ever had any game break after just one play.
Has anyone else had this problem. Is it best to ask for a new cube, which is the white single dome cube, or take my chances on trying to glue it back in. Now sure if the glue will work, because I think these cubes are hollow, so what would the pin stick to?

Any help or advice, or just sharing your own possible problems with the game components would be appreciated.

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If I understand you correctly, you mean a dome fell off of a cube? I guess you have an older edition of the game then. In my set (bought at Essen a few years ago) the domes seem to be physically part of the cubes (i.e. part of the same molded piece of plastic), not attached as separate pieces, so they can't fall off. If yours are separate pieces, I suppose glue would hold them together, wouldn't it?

Hmm, looking at the gallery photos, I see that older editions have pyramids instead of domes on the cubes. Are your "pins" pyramids or domes?

(Or am I completely misunderstanding what you mean? Maybe a photo will help!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you mean a dome fell off of a cube? I guess you have an older edition of the game then. In my set (bought at Essen a few years ago) the domes seem to be physically part of the cubes (i.e. part of the same molded piece of plastic), not attached as separate pieces, so they can't fall off. If yours are separate pieces, I suppose glue would hold them together, wouldn't it?

Hmm, looking at the gallery photos, I see that older editions have pyramids instead of domes on the cubes. Are your "pins" pyramids or domes?

(Or am I completely misunderstanding what you mean? Maybe a photo will help!)

Hi there, I appreciate your response. But my problem has nothing to do with the plastic cubes or domes, which mine are also part of the cube. I'm talking about the very tiny little metal pin that's located on every side of each cube, that doesn't have a dome. These are how the magnets get attached to the cubes. Without the pin in the cube, the sceptres won't stay in place when placing a sceptres on the side of a cube, because there's nothing there for the magnet in the sceptres to be attracted to. Yes, you can put the pin back in, but it will either fall out when moving the cube, or be pulled out by a sceptre when moving the pawn to a different location. Again, these pins are so small and the cubes are hollow, so I'm not so sure that glue will give the pin anything to connect to.

Although my game is black and white, in the above photo, you can clearly see all the pins that sit in the middle of all the recessed areas of the cubes. These pins are actually much smaller than they appear in this photo.

Hope that makes better sense now.

Thanks again,

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Aha, I see what you mean now. Hmm. I have not had the problem of the magnets coming out of the hollow cube sides, so I'm not sure what to suggest; sorry! (But perhaps some amount of sticky dense glue might work? Perhaps first put only glue into the hole, let it solidify a little, and then push the magnet/pin into it? I dunno.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Russ, Arthur: I have never had this problem. My set has been sufficiently rugged for normal tabletop play. I guess contact Michael Seal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Sincerely,

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.