Popular Tags: [View All]
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the base set has been reprinted with the new frames, does anyone know if there are plans to release this also. I know that it is in the first year collector tin, but so was chronicle and it has been released alone.
There is a year two set on the way as well.....don't mind the price but would prefer the cards NOT shiny
Have this expansion but honestly I just find the new frames so much easier to read that I would re buy and pass on my old set....have held of off on the third edition base set just in case this will not be reprinted and I will have to get the year one tin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Long term, the answer is "yes". The recent reprint of Storm of Souls (normal, not Collector's Edition), uses the new frames and updated artwork. The small box sets (Return of the Fallen, Immortal Heroes) still have outstanding supply in their respective initial print runs. Once those sell out and a new print run is warranted, they'll receive the updated artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super fast reply and the good news. Looking forward to those and the new expansion....and hoping there is more to come after
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm brand new to Ascension having received the new edition of the base game with updated frames and art for Christmas. Since I am so new to it I don't feel a burning need for expansions yet and can afford to wait until some of the older ones are reprinted to match the frames for the version I do own.

My question is whether you think a new edition of this, the first expansion, will be coming anytime soon? I've noticed it's started to go out of stock at the common places like coolstuffinc, and even places like amazon are running low on stock for it. Since this seemed to be the barrier for getting the new edition out I was just wondering if you or anyone could say whether you thought this new edition would be coming out in the near future. It will certainly be a snap purchase for me when it does!

Thanks for your time, I hope to hear back from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
tylorlilley wrote:
My question is whether you think a new edition of this, the first expansion, will be coming anytime soon?

Soon? No. Eventually? Of course!

/purposefully vague whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems this set is out of stock at the Ascension online store. Does it mean we'll see the new reprint soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
It seems this set is out of stock at the Ascension online store. Does it mean we'll see the new reprint soon?

Soon-ish. It'll be available later this year. Unfortunately, I don't have a precise timetable, but I imagine Gen Con 2018 is a safe bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.