Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Wondering about the pinups of death boxed set. Could you use the components with KD:Monster to create interesting new survivors or are the propotions wrong? If body parts wouldn't work, i assume weapons and armor would be compatible?

May seem like an odd question but I'm more interested in pimping out my base game and getting the exta game content than recreating the pinups themselves.

Apologies if this been answered already. Did not see any discussion in my review of the forums.

Thank you, and good gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm sure you could use some of the weapons from the Pinups set. The Prietsesses' hammer just straps to her back, that would be an easy one to port over. The handheld ones (like the Architect's bone sickle) would be trickier, but I bet you could make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I would think the handheld weapons would be easy enough. The scale and the material is the same so it would just be a matter of picking the right spot for cutting and joining. Heads would probably also be easy. Capes and armor bit are probably more hit and miss since some may be shaped for the specific pose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm planning on doing this. I find the results of the multi part kits a little stiff so I will use some of the pinups as a base and then add weapons and armor to the more dynamic posed models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Just got done putting together the Christmas Pinup and it actually includes some extra XMaxes for use with the main game. I think even one of the resin knights has a giant lion-faced hammer that could probably be used with the core game models. But looking at the Pinups of Death specifically, you could use the Forsaker's sword, the White Speaker's Knife, the Architect's thing, the spear, short sword, there's alot in there you could use, you'd just have to carve the joint yourself for it and basically trash the pinup figure.Same with any other body parts, but it'd probably look funny if you've got mismatched body parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sculpting addresses the mismatched parts problem, as does precise exacto knife work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
Just got done putting together the Christmas Pinup and it actually includes some extra XMaxes for use with the main game. I think even one of the resin knights has a giant lion-faced hammer that could probably be used with the core game models.

What looks awfully like the Gold Smoke Knight's Hammer is on the Screaming Fur Armour Kit sprue along with the Twilight Sword, Butchers Axes, Lantern Halberd etc.

The White Speaker's knife looks like the one on the Gorm Sprue to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The screaming fur is perhaps my least favorite of the armor kits.

The GSK hammer is slightly different.

Those comments aside, I am planning to kit bash some of my spare pin up parts. I saw someone use some of the pieces as broken statue bits in dioramas, and that looked fantastic. Either way, I think its possible to put the extra bits to good use.

Frankenpinup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Korkalot,

If you could post a link to that cool diorama I'd appreciate it! Need good ideas for my own terrain and want to make some dynamic combat environments that can hopefully spice up the hunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! Https://bestienmeister.blogspot.com/2014/11/ahoi-der-goati-e...

Edit: pretty sure lower half is from pin-up architect. Correctionreacher 54mm

Edit 2: I am going to add glitter to my GSK flames. I did a close-up, and I think I see GLITTER. surprise

Also, I need to remove pretty sure from my filler language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s. buczek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Small correction: The statue on the goldsmoke knights base is made of a 54mm preacher pin-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.