Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Can Bruce Lee perform his ante'd follow-up attack if he successfully hits an opponent with an attack that does zero damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up on another thread, with no definitive answer yet. I would think that a "successful attack" is one that hits (whether or not it does damage), although the reference to "On Damage" effects gives me pause. I wish the UA had said either "hits with an attack" or "does damage with an attack".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
There's no earthly way it could possibly be "deals damage" as opposed to "hits opponent". Bruce Lee has four styles with -1 power and one style with +0. His unique base has a power of 1, and boosts the power of his followup by 1. If Bruce Lee needs to deal damage to use his followup then there is exactly one style in his entire kit which his unique base even functions with.

There's no doubt in my mind that a "successful attack" just means he hits. If that isn't the case then his entire kit breaks, in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.