Subject: Austin, TX (ATX) X-Wing League - Season Five rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Starting on Friday, August 28th 2015, we will be starting the fifth season of the X-Wing league. This league will continue to have 2 locations on 2 days. The first location will be at Dragon's Lair on Fridays at 7pm until close. The second location will be at Whose Turn Is It Games on Saturdays at 1pm.

That's right, there will be 2 days and 2 locations you can choose to attend!

We welcome new players and experts alike. If you have never played, someone will be on-hand to teach you how to play (you don't need to buy anything if you just want to learn). I (Jason) will be running the league at Dragon's Lair and Thomas will be running the league at WTIIG. Send me a PM if you have any questions or comments.

These are free events and we encourage everyone to show up and have fun!

Format:

This is a casual league lasting 8 weeks. You will be awarded 3 points for winning a standard (100 point) game, 1 point for losing a standard game, 5 points for winning an epic game, and 3 points for losing an epic game. Additionally, you will be awarded 5 points for teaching a new player how to play.

These points will be added up from both locations. At the end of the league, the top point scores will be awarded prize support (but only at 1 store, no double-dipping).

Locations:

Dragon's Lair on Fridays at 7pm
Whose Turn Is It Games on Saturdays at 1pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Note the points from Season 4 are still being tallied; I am just missing last week's games at WTIIG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Riptide
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey there,
I just bought the core set from Dragon's Lair a couple weeks ago. Me and my fiance have played a couple rounds with the core set, but I've been looking to play more often and against different ships. We picked up a couple additional ships recently and saw on DL's website that you host these games on friday nights. I was just curious what the age range there is there. I don't mind a diverse age range, but I'd just feel awfully awkward being the only 30 somethings sitting around the game table.
Also, I think we are playing the rules right, but it's hard to tell if we've figured everything out right. Is it pretty forgiving for casual gamers still learning the game? Thank for any input you can provide, and have a great day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
msg tools
Hey just got into the game and i'm wondering when the next Season will start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.