Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Rum & Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are abilities and action and a question about the Broadside loot card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Mastrangeli
United States
Downers Grove
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game of Rum and Bones last night and had a couple of questions come up.

1. Does using an ability (the green ones) on a hero card cost one of that hero's actions? On page 10 or so of the rule book it says: "Using Abilities does not cost a Hero one of their Actions for the turn." However, that statement is actually under the "Reactions" section, not Ability. Which makes me think it's a type-o and should actually say "Using reactions does not cost a Hero one of their Actions for the turn."

Also, In the "hero actions" section, using an ability is listed in that section among the others (attack, move, rigging, etc).

2. The Broadsides loot card lets a player make an attack against any zone. Our question was can you attack an objective with that card? I know you can't with your canon attack every round, but the canon specifically says it can't hurt an objective. The broadsides loot card has no such statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes it is an action

2) Yes , you can target an objective space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think you found a TYPO in the rules.

Abilities [GREEN] require an action.
Reactions [BLUE] do not take an action because they're normally not activated during your turn.

The 3 actions that are available when you activate a hero are;

1. Perform [RED] Attack actions
2. Perform [GREEN] Abilities actions
3. Move / Rigging actions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, should specify 'using Reaction Abilities does not....'

I guess they thought it was clear enough being in the Reaction section, but its not well worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.