United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't guild posts count toward poster levels? Seems arbitrary. I know this is super trivial but I just figured this out today and I'm curious blush

We had a big community that mostly posted in a game forum but we moved to a guild a while back to keep the game forum posts more topical and this is a sad unintended consequence...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeklists don't either - there are things that aren't domain (BGG, RPGG, VGG) specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Geeklists don't either - there are things that aren't domain (BGG, RPGG, VGG) specific.

Why not, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Finn
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Why would you name yourself after a car security device?
badge
i herly berly on gerly werly!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Why not, though?

All our experimental PBF post counts... LOSTTT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine many guilds are for non gamer topics. So if you want to talkabout how much you enjoy mashed potatoes or big brother with bgg friends, you can do it in a guild.

It's less great when the guild is about gaming but I suppose that is how things are setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Why not, though?

Because the poster levels are domain specific (Level 13, BGG) and those things aren't domain specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
I would imagine many guilds are for non gamer topics. So if you want to talkabout how much you enjoy mashed potatoes or big brother with bgg friends, you can do it in a guild.

It's less great when the guild is about gaming but I suppose that is how things are setup.

Chit Chat and RSP would like a word with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
rathstar wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Why not, though?

Because the poster levels are domain specific (Level 13, BGG) and those things aren't domain specific.

hmm, can we mark our guild domain-specific somehow...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Where ELSE also can you obtain either TUNA FREED or "cooking" THAT 'instructions' forthwith? *HINT* LINKS included and even: "two times!" whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Where ELSE also can you obtain either TUNA FREED or "cooking" THAT 'instructions' forthwith? *HINT* LINKS included and even: "two times!" whistle

Users rathstar and contiguity are both members of the Boomers Guild. Rathstar was referring to the Chit Chat thread we have there. Hopefully that clears up the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
well I may not have my poster level badge yet, but I am now eagerly awaiting the "GROGnads posted on my thread" microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Users rathstar and contiguity are both members of the Boomers Guild. Rathstar was referring to the Chit Chat thread we have there. Hopefully that clears up the confusion.
arrrh "Boomers", akin to the 'submarine'? 151 pages so far, and where did they mention upon MEIN?!?! 'furor' ensued... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
angry That damm lil star is back, and how do I permanently be rid of this? Give it to someone who wanted it, as it has NO REDEEMING status for myself. The same for the GD caterpillar crap of 1-20 levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:
angry That damm lil star is back, and how do I permanently be rid of this? Give it to someone who wanted it, as it has NO REDEEMING status for myself. The same for the GD caterpillar crap of 1-20 levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Celinashope wrote:

shake Not really sorry, while I'd rather they fix the site here with their imagery malfunctions. I'd noticed anybody using the current means to emplace any through that, then it will just not work. Pretty sad and sorry for those trying to use it as their method of displaying whatever images accompanied an article of theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:
Celinashope wrote:

:(
:shake: Not really sorry, while I'd rather they fix the site here with their imagery malfunctions. I'd noticed anybody using the current means to emplace any through that, then it will just not work. Pretty sad and sorry for those trying to use it as their method of displaying whatever images accompanied an article of theirs.

Did you lose pictures from a post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Celinashope wrote:
Did you lose pictures from a post?
YES, plenty, along with the many others here currently attempting to include theirs from "off-site", with that SEPTIC FAIL evident for this. They don't even seem 'bent' or intent on 'correcting' their "cock-up" onsite here of which is causing that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad about the imagery malfunctions and such. But how can we mark our guild domain-specific so that it counts for poster levels? I took a quick look and found some people in our guild that would get to level 6 just by counting the posts they made in the guild!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone following this thread, here is a response I got from a BGG admin:

"Guilds are a global site feature that do not get assigned to any domains in any way. There's nothing in the underlying database that would support this, so to introduce such functionality would require some site development and review of existing guilds for domain categorisation.

I don't think this would get done, since there are more important developments to made with the limited site resources."

Too bad... but hard to argue with that last sentence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.