Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is two sets overdoing it? Are there enough neutral type cards for two in one box? Are there any cards you only get one playset that both players will want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think one is plenty, but if you want to get really competitive to the extreme and make sure you have staples for building multiple decks (like lots of Sabertooths for example), you could get two.

But, I think for 90% of folks, one box is all you will need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
I personally think one is plenty, but if you want to get really competitive to the extreme and make sure you have staples for building multiple decks (like lots of Sabertooths for example), you could get two.

But, I think for 90% of folks, one box is all you will need.

I agree with Joel, we do swap out a copy or two of certain characters when we switch main characters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, the generic Plot Twists are pretty solid, but there are enough different ones that you can split them between two players pretty easily (since a given deck will have the 3 generic and 3 Faction Specific plot twists to build from, and if you're splashing in from other factions, then you have even more to choose from). Still, you'll be pushing to get more than 2-3 competitive decks from one set, and that's largely down to the limit on the good plot twists available.

As for if buying 2 core sets is overdoing it... I don't think so. I've personally purchased two, but it's more so that I could keep a set of the basic decks together (since they are relatively straightforward and rather well balanced against each other) and still have a set and a half to build decks with (plus, I can have one box for storage and a second to carry with me with the decks I have built, and two rulebooks so we don't have to pass a single rulebook back and forth to check rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:

I agree with Joel

And this never happens, so it must be the correct answer. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Joel, thanks to your video review I've been eyeing this game. As I said on another topic, the card quality worries me though.

I was considering getting this game over AGoT due to better price point (I'd need 3 or 6 sets for two players in AGoT while Vs is just 1 or 2), the theme is among my favorites (I'm basically a closet Marvel fanboy), and Vs was in my top 5 TCGs back in the day (probably top 3 with Magic and Yugioh). But I'm very very picky about my games being pristine (am I'm probably not alone in that regard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards were OK right out of the box, but I've heard stories of others being damaged after opening. Mine didn't get nicked until I started handling. I think if you just put them all straight into sleeves, you will be OK. But, that's a lot of sleeves for nothing too.

It doesn't bother me. I riffle shuffle the heck out of them. It's not there are any rares

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Lester

eekamouse wrote:
just put them all straight into sleeves, you will be OK.

For any card game similar to VS, the cards are going to get shuffled a lot so wear and tear is inevitably going to happen. Simplest way to keep them in great condition is do exactly what Joel suggested and buy some sleeves when you buy the game. I just picked up 400 Ultra Pro Pro-fit sleeves at one of the FLGS's for $2.50 a (100)pack. You can find some cheap if you look around or perhaps use some of those Miniature Market points to get some packs if you order from there.

eekamouse wrote:
It's not there are any rares

I felt the card quality was on the same level as the original VS so it's pretty decent and since there aren't any cards that are rare or needing special care just some decent sleeves will work fine. No reason to go and spend a ton on top of the line sleeves unless you have money to burn.

Also the box they come in is pretty good for keeping them in good shape. Especially compared to how the original VS cards came. I would definitely suggest getting a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I went and ordered two sets online alongside 800 KMC Hyper Matte sleeves from Japan (simply the best sleeves in the market, loved by the TCG community).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.