Subject: Super Simple Solo System (4S) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wil Young
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now available in the files section for those looking for a lighter solo game that has an easy to run opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the file:
Super Simple Solo System (4S)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had some weird experiences with this. Do all the events go to discard? Because I found that the game often ended very quickly. Sometimes only after 5-6 turns or so, if it turned out there were under average events in the deck. And I had a lot of last turns which just went:

4S plays a champion... and another... and another... and another... and another... it's won!

Basically it seems that banishing champions is not as strong as in the game vs humans, because 4S ends up with a thick block of banished champions at the bottom which then deck out in a single turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murius wrote:
Maybe try shuffling more (seriously). I had the reverse situation with only events and no champions for a while and I felt sorry the the AI. I still have my last AI deck at hand, it had 19 creatures / 11 events and I went 2-1 against it. It had few evil events but lots of banishing blue. Please post your results too if interested. If we have lots of difference maybe we aren't playing the rules the same. I know I can make errors!

Still sometimes a deck draws 6-8 cards in a row. One of my last games I lost while 26-24, AI drew 8 monsters, evil event = (3x8)+3 = 27 pts and dead. It hurts but when I get a 4hp AI to -42 I am not complaining.

You can also decide to semi-construct a deck with banish cards, maybe a red / white deck?

Thanks Murius, I'll give it some more tries. At the moment, I'm missing the counterplay feeling from real Epic, but I appreciate that isn't what this variant is really about (and probably any Solo variant would struggle!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, I'm experimenting too - but with Event effects.
My latest changes are as follows:

GOOD
A) put 3 Human Tokens to AI's play area
B) heal AI for 2x CC

WILD
A) break 1 targetable player's champion with the highest power
B) deal CC damage to all champions and both player and AI

EVIL
A) return champion with the highest defense from AI's discard pile
B) deal 2x CC damage to player

SAGE
A) player discards banishes 1 card from hand
B) return champions with summ of defense equal to at least CC to player's hand

Both effects take place at the appropriate Event in the fixed order. Also, I allow to the player normal reacting at the AI's end of turn but the player is dealt 1 / 2 / 3 damage at this time as well (easy / medium / hard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murius wrote:
XehutL wrote:
Btw, I'm experimenting too - but with Event effects.
My latest changes are as follows:

GOOD
A) put 3 Human Tokens to AI's play area
B) heal AI for 2x CC

WILD
A) break 1 targetable player's champion with the highest power
B) deal CC damage to all champions and both player and AI

EVIL
A) return champion with the highest defense from AI's discard pile
B) deal 2x CC damage to player

SAGE
A) player discards banishes 1 card from hand
B) return champions with summ of defense equal to at least CC to player's hand

Both effects take place at the appropriate Event in the fixed order. Also, I allow to the player normal reacting at the AI's end of turn but the player is dealt 1 / 2 / 3 damage at this time as well (easy / medium / hard).

Looks interesting! Have you kept results for statistic's?

Also should not Sage A banish rather than discard?
Does a creature returned by Evil A count for CC in Evil B?

Yes! Banish instead of discard would be better /discard from hand & banish from discard are both present within sage, so sticking them togather will be a wise choice..

Yes, for both good and evil their A effect will reinforce the (next) B effect :-)

I do not have the statistics yet, but so far the wild+evil seems to be rather quick killer, while sage+good seems to be mostly forgiving a slow play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention that I play the Ambush as it should be and the discards differently than originally proposed:

-> if AI is forced to discard one or more cards, the Champion(s) with the lowest defense is(are) being discarded (instead of banished).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murius wrote:
Could be the making of a whole set of variants with different flavors:

The Speedcaster (Wil's original), the Poisoner (mine) & the Double Dealer (yours ).

But really your "deal CC damage to all champions and both player and AI" makes me want to develop specific sets of effects for constructed decks. There's so much "crazy barbarian" flavor here I kinda envision a whole Wild AI built around this.

Sure. However I tried to match the original play as much as possible yet to still keep the 'flavour' or 'character' to each color. Also, I'm still not decided whether your poison damage wouldn't be overall more challenging than mine 'damage for reacting'.

Furthermore, I'm actually toying with changing the Event effects to A / A+B / A+B+C per easy / medium / hard difficulty..

It might be adding in something like DD = difficulty damage as the same A effect to every color (while moving the current to the next letters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.