Subject: Companion Georgios Triantafyllidis' Grenade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reine Johansson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
First attempt at playing, first companion card drawn, and it says:

"When you gain this <Hat Icon>, search the item deck and take the Grenade item."

Now I've counted the item cards a couple of times, and it seems that I have all 50 of them, but there does not appear to be any card referenced to as "Grenade" anywhere in this deck.

Is this simply a misprint, or am I missing cards? Or I suppose I might merely be confused as to what an item is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into the same issue on my first game. After carefully searching through all my cards I just discarded him and drew a replacement companion. Curious what the official answer is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avahog wrote:

"When you gain this <Hat Icon>, search the item deck and take the Grenade item."

Now I've counted the item cards a couple of times, and it seems that I have all 50 of them, but there does not appear to be any card referenced to as "Grenade" anywhere in this deck.

Is this simply a misprint, or am I missing cards? Or I suppose I might merely be confused as to what an item is?

Most companions are in the Core Game, however, Grenades are in one of the expansions!

Did you get the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:
Avahog wrote:

Most companions are in the Core Game, however, Grenades are in one of the expansions!

I'm very disappointed to read this. What you're saying is that I need to purchase expansions to use everything that came in the core game. If it's only this single companion, it's easily remedied by removing that card (although still a disappointment), but it does make me wonder:

Are there other core set cards that reference/require expansion components? If so, what are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reine Johansson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
No, I did not get any of the expansions.

I'm truly confused now - is the base game not complete in itself without the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avahog wrote:
No, I did not get any of the expansions.

I'm truly confused now - is the base game not complete in itself without the expansions?

It is!

However, we did not include the Grenade in the Core after printing of the companions had already happened, we made that change for balancing purposes

George was originally meant to be in an expansion, however we decided to keep him in the Core to help have enough extra companions in the Core game for solo play.

The Errata Rule will be: "If you can not draw the Grenade, draw a random Dexterity-Based weapon instead".

This will not effect regular gameplay!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reine Johansson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay, then my follow up question is similar to Marty's...

Is there a list of the things that come in the core box that reference things that aren't in the core box, so that I can toss them out before playing?

I'm asking because spending time during game play searching decks for cards that aren't even there isn't exactly ideal when you've got limited gaming time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avahog wrote:

Is there a list of the things that come in the core box that reference things that aren't in the core box, so that I can toss them out before playing?

I'm asking because spending time during game play searching decks for cards that aren't even there isn't exactly ideal when you've got limited gaming time.

This is not a big issue, that's maybe one of the only cards you might run into an issue like this with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:
Avahog wrote:

This is not a big issue, that's maybe one of the only cards you might run into an issue like this with.

I apologize, but I'm going to be that guy. "Maybe one of the only" isn't a response I'd like to get from the game publisher. Is this the only card that requires errata if you don't have an expansion, or are there more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But to answer your question about Card lists, we will be making a master card list for this 1st Printing Edition! (Shortly after all shipping has happened)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:
Avahog wrote:

I apologize, but I'm going to be that guy. "Maybe one of the only" isn't a response I'd like to get from the game publisher. Is this the only card that requires errata if you don't have an expansion, or are there more?

Marty,

Thanks very much for being "That Guy" it's much appreciated.

As the game Publisher, we are here to help with everything we can. We are two people, so we're trying to get the Errata list done as quickly as possible.

As I've said in many KS updates and on other forums

Thanks very much for your support and questions!

Please let me know if you have other questions and I'm happy to answer! Luckily, as you can see, the game publisher and designer is here to help, and I'm sure you won't find that very often on other forums.

So, please continue to report any issues you have and we will help as quickly and to the best of our ability!

Thanks very much!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity how different is the TNT in the main set from the grenade? Since I couldn't find it I just swapped it out for a single use of the TNT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcrowder wrote:
Out of curiosity how different is the TNT in the main set from the grenade? Since I couldn't find it I just swapped it out for a single use of the TNT.

It's a little different, but a totally acceptable house rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Basically the difference you roll a D6 + 3 for Grenade (one time use)vs 5 flat damage (4 time use). So the grenade can do up to 9 damage vs 5.

Pineapple Grenade:
Quote:
Action: Choose either your current room or an adjacent room then, roll a die and add 3 to the result. Deal that much damage to all creatures in targeted room. Ignoring Armor

Other Adventures in the targeted room must make a DEX check. Fail -5 HP. Discard after use

Miner's TNT
Quote:
Action: Choose either your current room or an adjacent room then, Exhaust: Deal 5 damage to all creatures in targeted room. Ignoring Armor

Other Adventures in the targeted room must make a DEX check. Fail -5 HP. After you've used this item 4 times.Discard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Wiley
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
I think I'll give that companion a one-time use action that imitates the grenade from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good!

Sorry again for the random mistake! X(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reine Johansson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
My game box's been on the shelf for a while now, just dusted it off while reorganizing...

so I was wondering if the "master card list" mentioned is available somewhere now?

Searching google or BGG for "master card list" in reference to Secrets of the Lost Tomb just brings me back to this thread, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Link for you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eSaA-gPGZJUn5Y4Y0lZd...

thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.