Trains» Forums » General

Subject: Android: Trains Card Randomizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Sand
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Recently I have purchased Rising Sun expansion to my base Trains and I was a little bit annoyed to shuffle and pick from 59 cards random sets, so I decided to make a simple Android app, that will generate the buying set/table for the game.

Feel free to try it and don't hesitate to give me feedback or improvement suggestions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandor.bg....

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3RYCK wrote:
Hi all,

Recently I have purchased Rising Sun expansion to my base Trains and I was a little bit annoyed to shuffle and pick from 59 cards random sets, so I decided to make a simple Android app, that will generate the buying set/table for the game.

Feel free to try it and don't hesitate to give me feedback or improvement suggestions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandor.bg....

Enjoy

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You make me wish I had an Android soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Marlow
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thankyou, this is exactly what I was looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add thanks. I couldn't find it in the store though. You might add AEG to the title to help that, if doing so wouldn't cause problems of course. Too many apps related to trains....

I had to come here to find this and your direct link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sand
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
I will add thanks. I couldn't find it in the store though. You might add AEG to the title to help that, if doing so wouldn't cause problems of course. Too many apps related to trains....

That´s why I provided the link here. I don´t know, if I could add the AEG name, because I am not an representative of AEG, this is not an official app and someone could think I am stealing the trade mark.

But thanks for downloading and the suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
3RYCK wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

That´s why I provided the link here. I don´t know, if I could add the AEG name, because I am not an representative of AEG, this is not an official app and someone could think I am stealing the trade mark.

But thanks for downloading and the suggestion

Probably true. Trivial to find with a different search. Good to have either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know of an iOS randomizer?

Having the same search issues.

Am picking this game up on Saturday so would like to be able to get some randomizing in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheehy
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the app, it is easy to use and beneficial. It would be even better if it would also randomize 3 out of the 6 points cards(skyscraper, apartment, etc.). Another feature we thought of that might add value for picky game groups is the ability to set the number of red, blue, and green cards before randomizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txaggiejs18 wrote:
Thanks for the app, it is easy to use and beneficial. It would be even better if it would also randomize 3 out of the 6 points cards(skyscraper, apartment, etc.). Another feature we thought of that might add value for picky game groups is the ability to set the number of red, blue, and green cards before randomizing.

Yeah, setting weights would be cool and all, as you can feasibly do that as a house rule. Granted, would take some randomness out of game.

You can Randomize the VP cards in app already. To do so, you select "Base + Rising Sun" and then tap the "Generate VP Cards" button above the About button.

For feature requests, would like to have the settings menu item actually work (it's selectable but tapping it does nothing), a way to hold and re-randomize the cards (like if you hit all action cards and you want to give up, say Amusement Park as you also hit Engineer, as both cards nearly work the same outside of Engineer copying the text of the card too), and tap-holding on a card would give you the text of the card (as a build off of the previous suggestion. Way easier to look it up in app instead of looking for the related stack in box, but if you find it superflowous then never mind).

EDIT: Any plans on adding the new cards to the randomizer from Coastal Tides? Asking as that expansion is starting to hit shelves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sand
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time no see Thanks everyone for your feedback!
I just bought the Coastal Tides Expansion, so I am working on a new version of the app.

My goal is to add:
- Coastal Tides cards
- custom card selection (eg. when you don´t like some card, exclude it)
- "re-roll" certain cards you don´t want
- card description info box
- "weight" distribution of card colors (eg. I want 3 red, 2 blue, 1 green)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sand
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the new version is out, guys.

Added:
● Coastal Tides cards.
● Custom card selection (eg. when you don´t like a card, exclude it from the randomizer).
● "Re-roll" generated cards - mark the cards you want and re-generate unmarked ones.

I did not make the card weight distribution, you can always "re-roll" some cards you don´t want until you have the right color count for your home rules.

I tried to make the card info summary by taping on the card, but I was not working as I wanted at all, so maybe I will try it later

All of your feedback will be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very nice, would like to have a Rising Sun + Coastal Tides option for generation and an invert function of the selected pool randomization if you want to ban only a small amount of cards (1-5, for example). Or maybe a select sets you want to implement (base, RS, and CT) and then ban the cards from there too. Hope this is clear enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sand
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I understanded it correctly, but you can choose the last option "Select own cards" for this. The app will show you all of the cards including Rising Sun (RS) and Coastal Tides(CT). You can highlight any combination of cards you want and by pressing the bottom button "Use only selected" the app will save this setting. Now generate your deck, just be sure the "Select own cards" is selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fair enough, can understand if you can't make quick roll links for 1 set + Coastal Tides (Base or RS) due to screen space. For the quick "Add in a game in custom set" randomizer suggestion, I was thinking a little pop out menu that gives you the names of the 2 sets and Coastal Tides, but adding the icon that pops out the menu would have to take screen space into consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.