4 Posts

Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: A couple of questions on Dunwich rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of questions about the Dunwich Horror expansion.

1) Lost Carcosa has a yellow and a purple circle for indicating which Gate cards are used when going through it. What is the purple circle for? I haven't found any Gate cards with the purple border on them yet and thought it might mean something else.

2) While playing with the Dunwich Horror monster on the board, we drew a Mythos card saying that all monsters in the streets are returned to the cup. Is the Dunwich Horror put back in the cup? It felt like it should stay in play, but I couldn't find any rules indicating that it was exempt from this Mythos cards directions. Do you know if it should be returned to the cup in this case?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1- The purple circle actually should be blue.

2- My inclination, since the Dunwich Horror is such a special type of monster, is that it would not be removed. Since the Dunwich Horror does not come from the cup and is never returned to the cup, I would say this card does not affect it. However, that's just my opinion, not an official ruling. You might try querying FFG about this situation; they usually answer quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, the DH is not actually in the 'streets', if you want to be literal about it. It's on Sentinel Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Blue instead of purple. That helps!

2) That's my feel also.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.