Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a copy of suburbia 5 on the way, which I plan to integrate with the base game + inc expansion. In the interest of variety and preserving box space, I was thinking of removing the 2nd copies of each A/B/C tile. Are there any foreseeable issues with doing this? All I can think of upfront is that it might impact players attempting to pile on the airport tiles.

Thanks very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Lallinaho
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Learn more at xubuntu.org
badge
mb
Would make Fancy Restaurant, New Car Dealership and Skyscraper stronger - they have a boost for income when played, but -1 (IIRC) for any further ones. Other restaurants affect Fancy Restaurant too, so that tile wouldn't be guaranteed to have no loss at all. Since the Slaughterhouse generates one income per restaurant, having only one of each restaurant in the mix would make that tile weaker as well.

I'm sure there would be more similar effects - and other effects that aren't so easy to estimate in advance. That said, it's totally possible that a random mix produces a game where any tile isn't duplicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Muller
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be afraid to remove duplicate tiles for balance issues.
Instead I would look at how I store the tiles so that I can have a way to randomize the tiles during storage. That way when taking it out you can have an easy randomization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
I wouldn't do it. You'll mess with the balance to gain variety but you'll have variety anyway (if not within games, at the very least between games). Also, the box is large enough to hold two expansions easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.