One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed the PnP and I am playing through solo to try and get a handle on the rules - so far I like it but I need some clarity

I noticed in a previous post that you are to use "all" of your dice each round during a boss fight, it is stated in the rules this way also but is this also true during normal combat - its not as clear in that part of the rules?

When placing dice that do not match you place 2 dice - do these need to be the same type of dice (i.e. both red or both green) or can they be mixed? Also, the rules say 2 dice of equal or higher value, does this mean that if the spot you are trying to fill requires a 5 that both dice must 5's or 6's in order to be used or are they added together, such that 2 3's would work for instance?

I know it says for 1-2 players, is there any chance this could be played with 3 or 4 (or more even)? This seems like it would be really fun cooperative or vs. with multiple players.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinFernandes wrote:
Just grabbed the PnP and I am playing through solo to try and get a handle on the rules - so far I like it but I need some clarity

I noticed in a previous post that you are to use "all" of your dice each round during a boss fight, it is stated in the rules this way also but is this also true during normal combat - its not as clear in that part of the rules?

Not sure what you are asking. But yes you use all your dice each time you need to roll dice to face something.

Quote:
When placing dice that do not match you place 2 dice - do these need to be the same type of dice (i.e. both red or both green) or can they be mixed?

same or mixed

Quote:
Also, the rules say 2 dice of equal or higher value, does this mean that if the spot you are trying to fill requires a 5 that both dice must 5's or 6's in order to be used or are they added together, such that 2 3's would work for instance?

both must be 5 or higher.

Quote:
I know it says for 1-2 players, is there any chance this could be played with 3 or 4 (or more even)? This seems like it would be really fun cooperative or vs. with multiple players.

As is, it wouldn't work for more players, I'm sure there would be a way to tweek it and make it playable, but I'm not sure how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've investigaed the idea for 3+ players, but it requires a lot of revamping. I think it would take multiple sets, and some additional rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! That is what I thought but I found the wording of the rules in the PnP not so clear on these subjects.

I am finding the game to be quite challenging

I really hope for rules (official or otherwise) to handle up to 4 players.

A couple more questions
When playing a 2 player game, the PnP rules are quite sparse about this, when it says "Your Turn" - these are the things you can do on your turn, I assume this means that each player would get a "separate" turn or do the players act as one and it would be "their" turn?

Under "Encounters" it says 2P Combat, it states that each player rolls their dice but they are kept separate for skills and off-color hits. This seems to imply that the players get a single turn or is the other player "helping" the current player during that players encounter phase?

When taking damage it says it can be spread between the two players - is this regardless of who may have participated in the encounter?

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
You take a combined turn together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
if you wanted to play the game with 4 you could probably try this:

Get 2 copies of the game.

Only shuffle one dungeon deck. When you flip a card, get the 2nd copy of the card. in order to defeat the card, you need to defeat both of them simultaneously. So if you defeat it (don't flee), you would get 2 cards to grab that you get simultaneously (meaning you can't use the first card to spend the 2nd card.)

Fight the boss twice as well and obviously double all abilities on the boss card (don't double the discarding required when doing the dragons dungeon).

Obvious you will need to change what potions can do as anything that effects the whole party needs to be twice as expensive. (and other similar tweeks)

I'd suspect this would work as a rough starting point for a 4 player game. (if you have 3 players, one of you can play an extra hero)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mfl134 wrote:
KevinFernandes wrote:

Not sure what you are asking. But yes you use all your dice each time you need to roll dice to face something.

So, once placed on an encounter, the dice remain there until the encounter is removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.