Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Boysen
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First of all, I'm really digging the game. The rulebook seems a little loose, but I think intent is clear on most issues.

I do have a few questions:

1) How do area weapons interact with swarms?

Example: Scarab swarm (6 Swarm tokens, 1 Armor, 2 Health) + Area weapon that gets 3 hits.

a) The 3 damage is applied to each token and kills the entire swarm.
b) The 3 damage removes one swarm token and applies one damage toward the next swarm token.
c) Something else.
----------------------------------------------------------------

2) How does area damage interact with courage loss?

Example: 3 Monsters that do 2 Courage loss each being attacked by an area weapon.

a) I take 6 courage loss for the combat action.
b) I specify one monster that I'm attacking, lose 2 courage, the other monster simply get hit by the area damage.
c) Something else.

3) Where do defeated monsters go?

a) Form a discard pile, which is then reshuffled into a new deck if the monsters run out.
b) Go to the bottom of the deck.
c) Something else.

4) Where do used soul stone items go?

a) Back to the pool of items to be possibly purchased again.
b) Removed from the game.
c) To a discard pile.
d) Something else.

5) How does evading in the Adventure phase work when you're starting your action on a space with one monster?

a) Declare move action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> Move as much as you want.
b) Declare move action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> Move to an adjacent space and end action.
c) Declare combat action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> move to an adjacent space and end action.
d) Something else.

6) How does evading in the Adventure phase work when you're trying to evade multiple monsters in the same space?

a) One check applied to the evasion rating of each monster.
b) Separate checks for each individual monster.
c) Something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bill!
Thanks so much for posting your questions here! I'm more than happy to help! Awesome job with the formatting of your questions... I love the A, B, C, D format

See answers below in RED

LordBilliam wrote:
First of all, I'm really digging the game. The rulebook seems a little loose, but I think intent is clear on most issues.

I do have a few questions:

1) How do area weapons interact with swarms?

Example: Scarab swarm (6 Swarm tokens, 1 Armor, 2 Health) + Area weapon that gets 3 hits.

a) The 3 damage is applied to each token and kills the entire swarm.
b) The 3 damage removes one swarm token and applies one damage toward the next swarm token.
c) Something else.

Area Weapons have you Combat Each individual Creature Card in a room as a Separate Combat Action. So, it would do 3 damage to that Swarm, and then you'd be able to combat another creature if you want to.

2) How does area damage interact with courage loss?

Example: 3 Monsters that do 2 Courage loss each being attacked by an area weapon.

a) I take 6 courage loss for the combat action.
b) I specify one monster that I'm attacking, lose 2 courage, the other monster simply get hit by the area damage.
c) Something else.

Once again, you're basically getting to Combat Multiple Creatures in ONE Action and Multiple Combat Rolls! Awesome for saving Actions, but Brutal with Courage Loss! (Unless you kill all the creatures in that Combat...then it's not so bad

3) Where do defeated monsters go?

a) Form a discard pile, which is then reshuffled into a new deck if the monsters run out.
b) Go to the bottom of the deck.
c) Something else.

Form Discard Pile like Answer a) unless otherwise noted in the game or on creature etc.

4) Where do used soul stone items go?

a) Back to the pool of items to be possibly purchased again.
b) Removed from the game.
c) To a discard pile.
d) Something else.

Soul Monger Items you buy with Soul Shards go back to the Deck unless otherwise Noted... Since that deck is NOT Random it's used for Shopping purposes. Once it's used, you can go back and buy it again if it's destroyed etc... But once it's in the game, if it's dropped or something, it goes to the floor like a regular item

5) How does evading in the Adventure phase work when you're starting your action on a space with one monster?

a) Declare move action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> Move as much as you want.
b) Declare move action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> Move to an adjacent space and end action.
c) Declare combat action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage --> move to an adjacent space and end action.
d) Something else.

a) Declare move action --> Roll Dex check --> Possibly take damage OR STOP MOVING --> PASS DEX: Move as much as you want FAIL DEX: Take Damage and Continue Moving (as above).

6) How does evading in the Adventure phase work when you're trying to evade multiple monsters in the same space?

b) Separate checks for each individual monster.
c) Something else.

Let me know if you have any further questions or follow-ups!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Boysen
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

I see that we played area damage completely wrong. We we're taking one roll and applying it to each monster.

One additional follow-up that I forgot to list. Whenever you're getting a negative it always means a negative to amount of dice rolled NOT numbers rolls on the dice, right? Unless it specifically says a positive or negative to the roll, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBilliam wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

I see that we played area damage completely wrong. We we're taking one roll and applying it to each monster.

One additional follow-up that I forgot to list. Whenever you're getting a negative it always means a negative to amount of dice rolled NOT numbers rolls on the dice, right? Unless it specifically says a positive or negative to the roll, of course.

Yes...

If you get -1 to all Rolls ... or -1 Dexterity, and you would do Dexterity Combat, you'd lose 1 Die from that roll...

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.