Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam M
United States
Berlin
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If somebody challenges embezzlement and the player being challenged does have a Duke, does the player who challenged lose an influence? I assume so but the rules I have are not specific about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The embezzling player does lose an influence if they have a Duke. If they do not have a Duke, the challenger loses an influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Grigolon
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's still unclear for me.

The rule says, and I quote:

"Unless you have the Duke, you may take all the coins on the Treasury Reserve card.

Anyone can challenge that the player attempting to Embezzle has the Duke. If the challenged player does have the Duke, they must concede and lose the challenge (a player that does not have the Duke may concede and lose the challenge); return the coins taken to the Treasury Reserve card and lose one influence card. If the challenged player dos not have the Duke (and does not concede) they must show their influence card(s), the challenger loses; the revealed cards are shuffled back into the court deck and replaced randomly (this does not cause a loss or gain in the number of influence cards to the challenged player)."

So, in practical example, I assume that for a given action, here are the case results:

Bob calls Embezzling and try to get coins from the Treasury Reserve. Mike challenges him.

Case 1: Bob has the Duke. Bob shows the Duke card. Bob puts back the coins stolen to the Treasury Reserve. Bob puts back the Duke card in the court deck, shuffles it and get a new influence card. Mike loses an influence.

Case 2: Bob has not the Duke. Bob puts back the coins stolen to the Treasury Reserve. Bob loses an influence. Mike keeps his influence.

Is that correct? It's confusing for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kilroy
United States
flag msg tools
I believe you have it reversed...

Case 1: Bob loses an influence. - "If the challenged player (Bob) does have the Duke, they must concede and lose the challenge; return the coins taken to the Treasury Reserve card and lose one influence."

Case 2: Mike loses an influence, Bob shuffles is cards into the court and redraws. - " If the challenged player (Bob) does not have the Duke (and does not concede) they must show their influence card(s), the challenger (Mike) loses; the revealed cards are shuffled back into the court deck and replaced randomly (this does not cause a loss or gain in the number of influence cards to the challenged player (BOB))."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lam Luu
Vietnam
flag msg tools
How many coins are there in the Treasury Card sir?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.